CZ-52 Range Report

Use this section for all other firearms
Foo Bird

CZ-52 Range Report

Post by Foo Bird »

Had a CZ-52 for a couple years and never shot it until today. Recoil wasn't anything terribly impressive, and neither was accuracy. I can live with that considering it's about 20 years older than I am.
The real problem is the trigger shape. It rubbed my trigger finger until it broke the blister it created. Didn't find shooting it too fun as a result.
Don't think I'll be keeping it. Knew I should have gotten a Tok. :(

On the bright side my P-64 functioned perfectly and I barely noticed the times the slide bit me. :P
BTW, WTH are puting in the Brown Bear 9x18 ammo? The smell is terrible!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: CZ-52 Range Report

Post by juniustaylor »

I had a CZ-52 as well. It was somewhat accurate. I ended up selling it. I really did want to like it though but that was the problem, you shouldn't have to force yourself to like something. The trigger slap is commonly mentioned when shooting them, I never felt it myself though. Bummer.

Glad your '64 was working good. I'm pretty conscious about the slide so I am sure to look at my hand before squeezing the trigger. I shot mine the other day as well. I tried the recoil springs, my stock one and the 20# one. Both actually had about the same amount of recoil. I just left the 20# one installed though since it was slightly better and I spent money on it... better not let it go to waste! ;)

I haven't shot the BB 9x18 ammo. I've shot BB 7.62x54r ammo and I didn't notice any smell. Probably just whatever in the world they're putting in it. Could be rat pee! LOL! :lol:
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Oh well, it gives me an excuse to buy another gun.

I was watching out for the P-64 slide too, but it got me and I didn't know it until later. The cuts on my hand line up with the slide when I grip the gun. The one from the non-safety side is a bit worse due to the cheese grater effect of the slide serations. It's still a keeper AFAIC. Maybe if someone added a beavertail.... ;)

Rat pee? Ok, now I have an image of a worker holding a rat over each casing and giving it a little squeeze... :P
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Foo Bird wrote:Rat pee? Ok, now I have an image of a worker holding a rat over each casing and giving it a little squeeze...
I'm sure that's how it's done. Give 'em lots of water and with a little squeeze you can easily meter the amount dispensed. That is a funny mental image. I got a good laugh at that one. ;) The P-64 is a nice little gun. I don't remember what I bought with the money I got from selling my CZ. I think I bought more reloading junk.
Arik

Post by Arik »

Buy the TT!!!! I was at the range 2 weeks ago. Using my Yugo TT and Polish surplus ammo I was able to hit a man sized metal target 250 yards away about 50-60% per mag. THe rest of the rounds were impacting close. I was shocked. Didnt think it had accuracy to that distance!! Its like a mini rifle
Last edited by Arik on June 10th, 2010, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

I plan to. First I'll be selling a few guns I no longer shoot. Really, I have to by one. I have too much 7.62x25 ammo not to.

:P :P :P
tman11787

Post by tman11787 »

Foo,

If I may ask...What are you planning on selling?
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

tman11787 wrote:Foo,

If I may ask...What are you planning on selling?
Well, since you asked:

CZ-52, Llama Mini-Max II compact .45 (brushed satin finish), Swiss K-31 rifle.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Foo Bird,

I happen to like my CZ52's, for me they are fun to shoot, especially at dusk or early evening, with the right ammo they are kick ass IMHO, penetration is amazing, someone behind a tree is in serious trouble. BTW, I'm a sucker for custom made grips.

R.A.M.

Post by R.A.M. »

wow those are beautiful.

Doesn't look like a old gun at all. They look very modern.
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

papabear I have been debating whether to get my 52 refinished (currently has the original gray park finish) but your photos made up my mind. Those look outstanding. Where did you get the grips? hangfire
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

I've been playing with the CZ and may keep it. I don't think it has trigger slap and that I just need to watch where I place my trigger finger.
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

I recently started shooting my 762 25 pistols again. I find my CZ52 to be very enjoyable to shoot along with the Tok pistols (tt33 and 54-1). I don't recall how long ago I picked up my CZ but every once in a while it comes out and gets a bunch of attention. Very fun pistol to shoot but the range only lets me shoot it on the rifle ranges, kind of annoying to be next to a large caliber rifle while trying to shoot a pistol.
I have only done some simple mods to my CZ52, an extended slide release and new grips.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

hangfire,

I bought all three of my CZ52's 5-6 years ago, they were all resarsealed pieces with new firing pins when I got em for $135ea. The wood grips were made for me by a friend and the resin grips came from Mr. Zee a member here, I don't think he makes em anymore, but he does make grips for the P-64 last I heard.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I love my fire dragon ,my nick name for the 52 it shoots fire at dusk about a foot and half. they are neat guns ps dont dry fire em with stock pin...
here are pictures with Zee grips and Dennis grips..