Hornady XTP Reliability

Info, pictures, advice...
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hornady XTP Reliability

Post by piaggior »

I am considering ordering some Hornady XTP ammo, but I am a little concerned about feeding issues. Has anyone tried any hollow point ammo in a p64? Were there any problems with failure to feed, or excessive pressures due to bullet set back?
jhandy

Re: Hornady XTP Reliability

Post by jhandy »

I have used fiocchi 9mm luger which uses hornady xtp hallow points in my taurus pt 111 with no problems,but thats not what you asked now, is it.
Arik

Post by Arik »

I tried a few rounds in my p64. Seemed fine!
nitrousnoel

Post by nitrousnoel »

I have also in the 9x18 and they feed good.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Great, thank you very much. I guess I'll order a few boxes and see how it works out for me.
darrell

Post by darrell »

My P-64 will not chamber Hornady hollowpoints at all. I would not buy more than one box till I tried them out.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Yea, I may start out with one box of the hornady's and one box of the silver bear JHP's to see if I'll be able to use hollow points. I'd like to try some of the corbon stuff but it looks pretty tough to get.
nametrux

Post by nametrux »

I have some Hornady XTP on backorder. Looking forward to giving it a try. I have shot about 150 rounds of Silver Bear JHP through my P64 with no probs.
Arik

Post by Arik »

So far the only ammo I havnt tried yet is Wolf and Silver bear JHP. Everything else seems to work just fine
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

I found one box locally and was able to fire all 25 without a problem. Now I just need to fire a few more boxes to make sure I'm good to go. I have some Silver Bear JHP locally, maybe I'll try those out this weekend also.
darrell

Post by darrell »

If you have hollowpoint feedig problems, you can try CorBon Pow'r Ball. They feed like FMJ. I think you can actually order them from the manufacture, although I got mine locally from the Armory.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

I'd like to try the Pow'r Ball. Really, I'd like to try all of the defense ammo before I choose one to carry. Our Governor Just signed a bill allowing us to carry concealed without a permit. I have three months before this goes into effect, so I have a little time to choose.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

If you have JHP feed problems, try polishing the feed ramp. But, like someone here said: "As long as it punches a hole in you, use it". I polished my ramp, it's ok' But also have a lot of Silver Bear FMJ, just in case.
jhandy

Post by jhandy »

im going out today to try pow'r ball 45 acp +p in a hi point that has trouble feading hp ammo. Im hopeing this will be good stuff. got it for $26 a box of 20 from a local guy.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

My 74 didn't like the Hornady's at all. Would jam on initial loading from mag, causing set back. I ended up with carrying Stars & Stripes, and Georgia Arms loaded Gold Dots for the last few years. Never had one failure of any sort with those.