Too good not to share!

Info, pictures, advice...
ndaugbjerg

Too good not to share!

Post by ndaugbjerg »

Been a member for a couple of months. Recently purchased my 1st P64 from Dan's Sporting Goods(everything he promised and more). Ordered springs and grips from Dennis and mags from Keep Shooting(they look new) on the strength of what I saw on this Forum. Gun arrived, got polished, re-sprung etc. before I went to the range. Poured a mix of Monarch, Brown Bear, Silver Bear and Hornady in my gun bag for test day. Loaded 4 mags with ammo mix and ran about 125 rds. w/o a hiccup!!. Next to me was a gentleman with a brand new $900+ Sig226 with some Monarch ammo(here's where it gets funny). He had at least one FTL or FTE with every mag load while he watched me bury myself in spent casings. At one point I was afraid he would turn it on himself. I offered to help him but he was in no mood for advice from an old fart with a $150 surplus pistol.
Niels
Seabrook, TX
cichlid

Re: Too good not to share!

Post by cichlid »

Welcome! These P-64's are a darn good value! Love shooting mine and I have had no FTE's or FTF's etc.
boomer

Post by boomer »

Wait until you get a Cz 82 and start dropping them in a 1/2 dollar size hole. The Kimber Guys go nuts..... :mrgreen:
ndaugbjerg

Post by ndaugbjerg »

boomer wrote:Wait until you get a Cz 82 and start dropping them in a 1/2 dollar size hole. The Kimber Guys go nuts..... :mrgreen:
Boomer,
You are absolutely right; I have one and it does. Also have a 2yr. old CZ75B in 40cal. It's hard to pick between the two as to favorite shooter.
Niels
camekanix

Post by camekanix »

I just got a P 64 and a CZ 82 and can't wait to go shooting. I installed the Wolfe springs already on the P 64. It may be a couple weeks before I get to go but I'll do a range report.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
kargo27

Post by kargo27 »

Great post! I love a good value. Makes you feel like you've won!
Karl
Ft. Worth, TX

"If you've denied a person the means of self-defense, then you've also denied them the right of self-defense." Alan Gottlieb, Founder, Second Amendment Foundation.
vermilionmakarov

Post by vermilionmakarov »

Great story, I love hearing how tried and true milsurp shows up the stuff new out of the box!
mrbunky

Post by mrbunky »

did the same thing 2 weeks ago with a friend.his p6 was acting up while my p64 and cz82 were eating everything i fed them.his p6 is a 81 model but it did not like 147 hp ammo.all mine love silver bear 94gr.hps
918collector

Post by 918collector »

The downside of military surplus is the lack of warranty. The upside is that any milsurp in decent condition should at least be reliable.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I love my P-64's. They are inexpensive reliable and accurate. What more can you ask for.
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

blinddog wrote:I love my P-64's. They are inexpensive reliable and accurate. What more can you ask for.
Yep, they're war guns, built for hard use and minimal maintenance under extreme field conditions. Every milsurp handgun I own is tougher, more reliable and in some cases (like P-64) more accurate than my commercial models. The key imho is to buy a good one, even if it means paying a bit extra, then just keep it clean and lubed. Only time I ever replace any part on a milsurp is if it breaks or wears out.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

P6's can have problems with JHP's, particularly 147gn...I don't care for that weight in 9mm, the P6 I owned worked with every 115gn and 127gn JHP I tried.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I like 95 gr. I think that the pistole shoots better with that weight bullet. I shoot Hornady JHP with no problem as with most other ammo. P-64 is just a fine weapon.
ndaugbjerg

Post by ndaugbjerg »

blinddog wrote:I like 95 gr. I think that the pistole shoots better with that weight bullet. I shoot Hornady JHP with no problem as with most other ammo. P-64 is just a fine weapon.
Yes it is. Now I'm just waiting for my grips to arrive from Budapest so it'll be "purdy" too
Niels
918collector

Post by 918collector »

Fill me in on those grips. Are they the nice-looking checkered models I've seen pictured here sometimes?