Laser Sight

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
impackin

Laser Sight

Post by impackin »

Hello all. I really like my P64 but lately I have been thinking I would like to have "Laser Sights" like on my XD. I was wondering if anyone knows of some thing that would work or maybe a gun smith or a grips maker that could custom make something? Nothing speaks an international language better than a red dot focused on your chest.
Regards
Last edited by impackin on March 31st, 2010, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
robalan

Re: Laser Sight

Post by robalan »

I have seen trigger mounted lasers. You can probably mount them on almost any gun. Of course that would not be anywhere near as nice as laser grips. If you decide to buy a second gun I noticed a Bersa 380 lite for around $300 without laser grips and $500 with laser grips. The gun really looks a lot like the P64.

The good thing about the laser grips is you can have the laser on and hide it with your finger between shots. Remember, that laser makes you a great target for the person shooting at you.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

They make laser sights that add onto the rear sight for other guns. Kind of like this one:
rl-1.jpg
Maybe you could find one made for a subcompact that might fit.

Weasel
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Those are replacement rear sights from Laser Lyte, not a modular add-on. You'd have to mill the slide to use an aftermarket rear sight. I think for the P64, your only option is the trigger guard mounted kind.
impackin

Post by impackin »

If I go with a trigger mount I will probably create a holster problem.(God forbid) I would consider milling the slide but to me it looks wider than the gun. My daddy always told me "if it ain't broke don't fix it." In this case, that might be the best advice! But I will wait and see what other ideas pop up.
robalan

Post by robalan »

impackin wrote:If I go with a trigger mount I will probably create a holster problem.(God forbid) I would consider milling the slide but to me it looks wider than the gun. My daddy always told me "if it ain't broke don't fix it." In this case, that might be the best advice! But I will wait and see what other ideas pop up.
I always liked that saying and it is so true. Also :D , since you traded that revolver in on a P64 I suggest you replace the one bullet in your pocket with a mag and load up 6+1.