Economical cameras

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
camekanix

Economical cameras

Post by camekanix »

Anybody have any suggestions for an economical camera that will take decent close photos. I'd like to share pics of my firearms and projects but have to watch the budget. (Never know when that next CZ-52 might pop up.)
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
Arik

Re: Economical cameras

Post by Arik »

I just have a regular Nikon "point and shoot" digital camera. It was around $110 when I bought it 2 years ago. Ironically my cell phone takes better pics then my Nikon. Go figure
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I know Papabear uses a Nikon CoolPix P2 and he gets some great shots. After doing quite a bit of research on my own, I went with a Canon EOS Rebel XS. It costs a little more than $100, but it has everything I could want, being into amateur photography.
A lot of what makes great photos great is having the right lighting, and using the manual settings on your camera to really squeeze the performance out of it. Never underestimate the ability of a tripod, either.
camekanix

Post by camekanix »

Hahaha, "a little more that $100" didn't sound so bad so I searched. I like your sense of humor dfunk. All I really need one for is pics of firearms, wood finishing projects and selling old motorcycle parts on ebay. I can appreciate a well shot photo but I'm afraid I need to aim a little lower to work a camera into my budget.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.