Polish Tokarevs

Use this section for all other firearms
blackblade

Polish Tokarevs

Post by blackblade »

Just got a couple more Polish Tokarevs added to the small growing family of Toks:

normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Polish Tokarevs

Post by normsutton »

blackblade

good looking Tokarevs family , you got going there

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
tiber1

Post by tiber1 »

You get those from a local shop or on-line site? In the mood for polish tt-33 myself! Not many folks seem to have them in stock atm!
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

tiber1 wrote:You get those from a local shop or on-line site? In the mood for polish tt-33 myself! Not many folks seem to have them in stock atm!
I got these online from Southern Ohio Gun (SOG). Century Arms also has the Polish Toks but I always had better service from SOG myself.
tiber1

Post by tiber1 »

Thanks, going to have to chat with my friendly neighborhood FFL today about giving him more money!
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

I got a chance to take advantage of the good weather and test the two new Polish and one new Romanian Tokarevs. I only went to test for function and general reliability. This particular range is set back at about 50 yards (advanced forward to about 40 yards). It was partly cloudy, temperature about 65F and a slight breeze from the west (from the left).

The Polish Toks functioned well although I had difficulty with the mag release on one and had to remove the lock clip a couple times to field strip before it would release. Other wise no apparent problems except that they tended to shoot slightly low from POA but was able to adjust.

The Romanian Tok functioned well and was more accurate than the Polish Toks in my opinion.

For larger pics:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll28 ... gePol2.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll28 ... ngeRom.jpg

Now I have two Romanian and two Polish Tokarevs as my "keepers" and one of each to keep around for parts.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Nice collection. I see a Norinco with compensator in the pic. J&G wants $300 for a Norinco. If I had to do it over I'd buy a Tok instead of CZ 52.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

Foo Bird wrote:Nice collection. I see a Norinco with compensator in the pic. J&G wants $300 for a Norinco. If I had to do it over I'd buy a Tok instead of CZ 52.
Actually that's a Romanian Tokarev with a muzzle brake (I bought from a vendor) and custom wood grips (Marschal). It is also one of my best shooters. :)
Arik

Post by Arik »

I liked the old Polish Toks better. Ok they are the same but the new safeties are just hideous. I cant stand its look and placement. And to remove it would leave a hole on the center of the gun. My Polish TT with the circle 11 has a small safety right in front of the grip. Overall I like the Yugo safeties best I just wish there were more mags available!

Does anyone know if / or know where I might find the answer. Is it legal to import mags for your own collection? I have connections in Serbia and would love to order a few mags for my TT
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

Arik wrote:I liked the old Polish Toks better. Ok they are the same but the new safeties are just hideous. I cant stand its look and placement. And to remove it would leave a hole on the center of the gun. My Polish TT with the circle 11 has a small safety right in front of the grip. Overall I like the Yugo safeties best I just wish there were more mags available!

Does anyone know if / or know where I might find the answer. Is it legal to import mags for your own collection? I have connections in Serbia and would love to order a few mags for my TT
Southern Ohio Gun has Tok mags for $7.95 each (plus shipping). They will likely be filled with cosmo but I find that about four out of five mags are in good condition. Same with the GunBroker deals. Sometimes J&G has them too. Overall, the Tokarevs look like the best deal going for C&R guns followed by the CZ-82. :wink:
Arik

Post by Arik »

I'm sorry I was typing faster than I was thinking. What I meant was YUGO TT mags. There doesnt seem to be any anywhere and when they do show up they are expansive. I have people in Serbia that can get them without any problems (the mags) but I dont want to breaking any laws by bringing them into the country.
erich

Post by erich »

I traded my Polska to a friend, but it was a good gun. :)

Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

blackblade wrote:
Foo Bird wrote:Nice collection. I see a Norinco with compensator in the pic. J&G wants $300 for a Norinco. If I had to do it over I'd buy a Tok instead of CZ 52.
Actually that's a Romanian Tokarev with a muzzle brake (I bought from a vendor) and custom wood grips (Marschal). It is also one of my best shooters. :)
Those grips look like the ones off a Norinco. Smart move by Dennis since I hear people like that grip better than the stock ones. If I ever buy a Tok they will have a set.
Arik

Post by Arik »

Since we're on the topic of Toks I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to figure out what holsters fit the Tok. I mean besides the nylon "one size fits all" holsters. IWB, OWB, Sholder, paddle...whatever I just need some options. My only criteria is that the holster HAS TO be left handed.

Blackblade...In the 3rd pic, bottom right, Tok with wooden grips. What holster is that?
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

Arik wrote:Since we're on the topic of Toks I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to figure out what holsters fit the Tok. I mean besides the nylon "one size fits all" holsters. IWB, OWB, Sholder, paddle...whatever I just need some options. My only criteria is that the holster HAS TO be left handed.

Blackblade...In the 3rd pic, bottom right, Tok with wooden grips. What holster is that?
That's a Ross "Private i" IWB holster.

http://ccwsupply.biz/RGLTokarev.htm

http://ccwsupply.biz/RossM16SPAGE.htm

They are decent holsters but like everyone else they are back logged and mine took about 6 months to get made and shipped.

The "Southern Comfort" looks like it would be comfortable too:

http://ccwsupply.biz/RossM18SPAGE.htm