My recent purchase!

Info, pictures, advice...
mitski

Re: My recent purchase!

Post by mitski »

juniustaylor wrote:By chance does this one have an "A" stamped on the left side of the frame by the hammer, directly above the grip?
Yes, as a matter of fact it does.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Weird. The Polish manual is a bit strange on this topic. It seems to read that in '72 there was a modification done to the trigger system. But in '73 the hammer was changed to the triangular shaped one. However, everywhere I read it says that the hammer was changed in '72 as well as the trigger system modified. I guess no one really knows...

This is a section of the Polish manual translated into English with Google Translator... it is rough but it's the best I can do as I cannot speak Polish.
Lasted until 1977 production of the basic variant of P-64 in the number of 190 thousand units. Already in 1971, after a series of accidental launching-pads with the P-64 early production, leading to changes in the structure and tap the trigger bus. Then changed shap and angle of the tooth undercutting security, obniŜając point at which the hook run the tap. Modified cock was determined from 1972 stamped on the left side of the letter "A". By contrast, in 1973 made further changes trigger mechanism was changed and re-cock, giving his head shape triangular.
txag_88

Post by txag_88 »

great lookin gun! wish mine looked that good.

I just bought a 1976 on saturday. VERY new to the p64 world, but am absolutely fascinated.

Very glad to have found this place and look forward to pickin yalls brains!!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

txag, I read in another post that you feel you got jipped on your purchase. That's unfortunate... Gander Mtn?
txag_88

Post by txag_88 »

yup. gander... oh well
txag_88

Post by txag_88 »

took mine to the range today for the first time! shot a box of 50rds of winchester 95 grain and couldnt get enough. went back into the store for another 50 of the wolf 92 grain. loved both rounds! this little gun is an absolute blast to shoot!!
japanesegunguy

Post by japanesegunguy »

That is a beautiful weapon
robalan

Post by robalan »

I like dealing with someone local and bought mine at Gander. It cost a little more than from other sellers. But as I said they are local (I know the people). Sometimes it cost a little extra for comfort.
impackin

Post by impackin »

Very nice looking p-64 congratulations
hardcorekeith

Post by hardcorekeith »

Sweet P64!
shinerjohn

Post by shinerjohn »

FYI, my '72 also has the round hammer and DOES have the A on the frame. My '76 has the triangular hammer and does have the A.

Personally, I like the round hammer better for carry purposes: just a tad less likely to snag on something...