The slide knicks my hand

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
dmontagnese

The slide knicks my hand

Post by dmontagnese »

I am used to gripping a handgun high, but sometimes the slide on the p64 knicks my hand and draws a little blood. Also, I would like some thin rubber grips. I was wondering if anyone has heard of some thin rubber grips for the p64 that had something on the high end of the back of the grip that would assure that a person's would be kept down slightly.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

The slide knicks my hand

Post by juniustaylor »

You're lucky to find anything "aftermarket" for these. Grips are tight, the only kind you're going to find are the Zee plastic grips and the Marschal wood grips. That's really about the only choices you've got. In the meantime, you'll just have to make sure where your hand is before squeezing that trigger...
;)
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

The slide knicks my hand

Post by normsutton »

dmontagnese

juniustaylor is right there are no rubber grips for these guns, go buy a bicycle inter tub cut it to shape and slip over the grip

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

The slide knicks my hand

Post by juniustaylor »

go buy a bicycle inter tub cut it to shape and slip over the grip

Interesting idea Norm, wouldn't have thought of it.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
mellisallen

The slide knicks my hand

Post by mellisallen »

i used the same idea only a slightly thicker rubber from an inflatable sanding drum that had ahole in it.
Sgt P

The slide knicks my hand

Post by Sgt P »

Dmontagnese,
Check out the small Hogue hand-all that slips over the black plastic grips on your P-64. Also do not choke up so high on the grips. I like the Dennis Marschal finger grip larger grips that are checkered. You may pay a little more, but I have found out that they keep my hand in a propper shooting position. ;) Hope that this helps you out. 8-)
jglass4763

The slide knicks my hand

Post by jglass4763 »

I bought the Hogue Jr and it fit the P64 perfect. Had to heat it with a blow dryer and it went right on and feels good in the hand.
boomer

The slide knicks my hand

Post by boomer »

The Walthers will bite you also and the P 64 is a real close copy if not a clone of it. Like old Harley Davidson Motorcycles the had kick starter, they would kick back to if you retarded the timing too much. They will keep you on your toes in more ways than one.

I have a 1911 hammer bite scar and a Walters slide bite scar. I am will to bet Norm does as well!
vimes

Re: The slide knicks my hand

Post by vimes »

I tend to grip pretty high too. I've just installed the handall jr. as well and it did seem to help a little. Though it make take some fiddling to get just right. Today it hammered my a hand a little less but I gripped a little high and drew some blood. Nothing major though and I think if I slide the handall down a little it will help me grip it in a more naturally "safe" place.
boomer

Re: The slide knicks my hand

Post by boomer »

I get a big kick out of the clowns on TV when they bring that auto up close to their face to aim it. The worst is Horatio Kane of CSI Miami with that H&K of his.