Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Use this section for all other firearms
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

Chiappa, pronounced(Key-appa)... I just bought one of these from Buds $278.01 OTD ,did a lot of research on them before I made the decision to buy it,supposedly the beez-neez,and.22LR affordable, if you want to practice with the 1911 platform alot.God knows you need a second mortgage to be able to shoot a 45acp in comparison!!!!!What do you guys think?They are selling like hotcakes!!! :-/
Last edited by protector on February 17th, 2010, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
dwd

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by dwd »

I saw my first one at the gun show last weekend. I just about bought it on the spot, but thought I should do a little research first. Two different dealers had them, one for $360 the other for $280. I kind of liked the look and feel. I am interested in how they shoot and how they hold up. anybody have any experience?
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

Google it,thats how I got my facts...,then buy it quick! ;)
Last edited by protector on February 16th, 2010, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by beasleydano »

Great pistol, especially for a 1911 guy! Has a Matty Mattel look to it but it is a accurate & reliable shooter. Not a single malfunction after the first range session of 200 rounds and as accurate as my Ruger MKIII Target 6 7/8". Extra mags are a lttle hard to find. I got a couple spares for $20 each online from Ambient Outdoors.
Sgt P

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by Sgt P »

Excellent .22LR practice 1911 style pistol. Any time that you can save money while shooting it is a good thing. Especially since the .45acp ammo isn't going down, unless you reload.

I am lucky as my Uncle gave me his Colt Series 70 pistol and it came with the .22LR conversion kit. It is a super pistol and a delight to shoot. I had to buy a spare .22LR magazine but the cost is all paid up with my savings using .22LR ammo.

Keep shooting with the Puma Chiappa, it will increase your training sessions and help keep shooting costs down. Sgt P.
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

Thanks Sgt.,has anybody ever purchased from http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php (Buds Police Suppy) in Kentucky,seems their shipping dept. is a little ssslllooowww!papa bear they should be somewhere around you,I think? I ordered this 3 days ago and it just made it to the shipping dept. today? Just seems a little slow to me,can you tell I'm anxious to get this?... :(
Last edited by protector on February 17th, 2010, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by anjdrifter »

Protector IT IS Kentucky :D :D :D :D
I do have some old friends and a son who has been to buds.. they were always happy.... they just might only have certain days or certain people who take care of shipping... alot of retailers operate that way...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by papabear »

proctector,

Bud's is in Lexington, I'm about 195 miles west, Cincinnati and Louisville are only about 80 miles from there, but I've been to Bud's in the past, big UK fan so I go to some of their games plus my son son lives in Lexington, Bud's has good folks to deal with IMHO. Lexington has had a ton of snow, and anj is right about the shipping, besides we are accused of being really laid back in Ky..... ::), I can understand your being anxious, hope you get it soon and share a range report with us.
POINT SHOOTER
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

I will,and thanks for the geographical clarification ;D,I'm way up north, but still a Mountaineer at heart and have the hard head to prove it sometimes!!! :D I've got to learn to be more patient,impatience is a very bad trait :'( IMHO,too cold to shoot outside right now anyway... :P
Last edited by protector on February 18th, 2010, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

Went to the range for a function test using Aguilar Hyper Velocity HP's,function test only...!I put 100 rounds downrange with 2 FTE's,and about 10 FTB's,the manual says to give the weapon a break-in period of 150 rounds,which I give all my weapons(new or used) a break-in period. Function first,then accuracy. Makes good common sense to me.The manufacturer does not recommend ammo velocity to be under 1050 fps. The last 2 magazines functioned flawlessly,and as for accuracy didn't get to bench it,shot off-hand 12 yards was about a 4" spread.Over-all opinion of this,looks like black parkerizing,very even finish,(it is eye appealing)weight is so close to the 45 GI,unless you can feel about 1/2 lb. difference,the difference is negligible. Size is the same W/L. Trigger breaks crisp at 5 lbs.,small amount of take-up. Given it's intended purpose,and good through break- in,I can see this being a good investment as a trainer/plinker,and a whole lot cheaper to put lead downrange,Although I gotta admit,there is no comparison to putting those big 45 pellets downrange... :(
Last edited by protector on February 24th, 2010, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
halljt3

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by halljt3 »

I have been looking into getting a 22lr to make a range trip last all day! I will def look into the 1911-22 hopefully one of the local shops will have one at a good price.
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

I called the company to confirm they had received my registration,and the owner/representative answered the phone.Had a lengthy conversation with the guy about forums and the 1911-22. The most impressive words that he said was quote "We are here for our customers and want them to be satisfied" end quote...The last thing he told me during our conversation was if you ever need anything or have any problems with the 1911-22 don't hesitate to call me (Ron)...It's great knowing you can buy with confidence, and receive this kind of customer support from a human being on the other end and not a plethora of recordings that give you the run-a-round!! Kudo's to Chiappa,you've got my business!!! :)
Last edited by protector on February 25th, 2010, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
bigduke6

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by bigduke6 »

can anyone tell me if the frame and slide is all steel or is it some type of zink alloy or what-ever. thanks
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

It's what the company named( Chiapalloy)? Looks like the same slide metal as my Walther P22.More aluminum looking than anything. To make the slide out of forged steel it would most definately have to be pretty thin to make it light enough to move the slide.You gotta remember,were dealing with the pressure the 22LR creates...which isn't much compared to the 45 ACP.Good luck finding one,Buds sold out the day I bought mine,and the owner at Armi/Chiappa said they were a big hit and flying out the doors!!
Last edited by protector on February 26th, 2010, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
protector

Puma Chiappa 1911-22

Post by protector »

beasleydano wrote:Great pistol, especially for a 1911 guy! Has a Matty Mattel look to it but it is a accurate & reliable shooter. Not a single malfunction after the first range session of 200 rounds and as accurate as my Ruger MKIII Target 6 7/8". Extra mags are a lttle hard to find. I got a couple spares for $20 each online from Ambient Outdoors.
Extra mags at Armi/Chiappa $19.95+5.00 flat shipping all day long!My opinion you don't get gouged buying them at the factory,although that was a good price,but I'd bet you paid a little more for shipping...
Aim small,hit small...