P-83 or CZ-82?

Use this section for all other firearms
cubsfan

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by cubsfan »

Greetings. I have been hanging around the boards for a long time but have never posted. I have a p-64 and love it. I was going to order two of the p-83 pistols from J&G. Then I thought maybe I should consider one of the CZ-82 pistols and get one of each. Anyone, someone, give me some advice. I really like the p-83 because they are Polish most of all but I have never fired one myself although I hear great things. Thanks in advance.
fritzhund

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by fritzhund »

8-)

Welcome cubsfan!

Tell us about your P-64! What year, where from, thoughts...

We are a good bunch here and you will learn a lot.

:)

Fritzhund

P.S.
Diehard Phillies and Eagles fan....be hearing from anjdrifter soon I'll bet
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
cubsfan

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by cubsfan »

P-64 is a 1967. One of the TN guns imports. I acquired it in a private sale. It's still stock and I've put about 200 rounds through it. Had a few feed issues but I'm still looking for its preferred ammo. I do intend on getting another at some point.

And I love my Cubbies and diehard Saints fan too. Who Dat!
Last edited by cubsfan on January 6th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by normsutton »

cubsfan

I don't have P-83 i do have two CZ-82's, and the CZ-82 is a fine piostol

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
mirother

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by mirother »

Cubsfan,
You really cannot go wrong with either one of them. The CZ 82 is high cap and a little heavy, but it is a great pistol. The P-83 is lighter and thinner but has an 8 round capacity. If you have the money to get two Polish pistols, get them, but be sure that you get all the mags that you can. The mags for the CZ are pretty expensive but available.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by papabear »

Welcome aboard cubsfan, man that's had to say since I've been a Cardinal fan since '57.... :o, but glad to have ya with us anyway...... ;D. Ditto with Norm and mirother, the CZ82 is a fine weapon, I don't have a P-83 either but from all I've heard they are a fine pistol also, the big difference is cost IMO.

Got this a couple years ago from AIM
POINT SHOOTER
electro6

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by electro6 »

Cubsfan, I have two P-83's and two CZ-82's and they are both great pistols. They both shoot very well and are more comfortable to shoot than the P-64's and the PA-63's but are a little bigger. If you get one of each, you would have a pair of nice pistols and the opportunity to enjoy them both and see which one you prefer for yourself and have fun finding out. I let a friend shoot a P-64, a PA-63, A P-83 and a CZ-82 and he bought a CZ-82. You might want to get a PA-63 also while they are cheap and a great pistol also. Best luck making your decision. :)
primarchbentley

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by primarchbentley »

While I enjoy my P-83... if it came down to a choice of "you can only choose one" I'd go with the CZ-82. The overall fit and feel of the CZ-82 just "works" better for me than the P-83. YMMV.

That's, of course, the "you can only choose one" option. I find that the more 9x18mm models I pick up, the better choices I can make about them. ;) It's for science, I tell ya!
flejl

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by flejl »

Get both if you can afford to buy two, otherwise go with the CZ
shinerjohn

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by shinerjohn »

Welcome, cubsfan! I don't have the P-83, but I do have a nice CZ 82. If I were in your shoes, I would get one of each. You know what they say about variety.....
cubsfan

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by cubsfan »

Thanks for all the input. I bought one of the p-83's from J&G and my ffl had a CZ-82 for an unbelievable price so....got em both, it was obviously meant to be! Finally got to shoot them today. Both are fantastic. Very accurate and comfortable to shoot.
cubsfan

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by cubsfan »

I would recommend the p-83 to anyone thinking about one. Great feel in the hand and an accurate shooter.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by papabear »

cubsfan,

Thanks for the update, I have heard really good things about the P-83, so will be interested in your findings with yours. For me. the P-64 is my first love in a 9x18, but I really do like my CZ82 as much, I have a total now of only 3 9x18's but in the past I have have as many as 9 9x18's, loved em all, but I had to thin the herd, now I only have one of each, P-64, E. German Mak and the CZ82, they be part of my pride and joy in my collection.
POINT SHOOTER
blackblade

P-83 or CZ-82?

Post by blackblade »

I like both and have both. I understand that J&G has all the P-83 guns that were imported this time (200 guns) and they don't show up very often.

viewtopic.php?t=2999