Crossbreed - Will it fit?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
brock123

Post by brock123 »

I am looking at holsters and really like this one. Anyone know if the PPK version will fit the p64?

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/IWB/t ... roductName

Thanks
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

Not sure if it fits prob does, but for how expensive it is why not get one of the dick funk holsters that are molded specifically for the p-64?
brock123

Post by brock123 »

I like the overall design better. I think having leather behind the gun completely is a great idea for IWB. I will probably end up buy a us gunleather pancake style at some point too.
brock123

Post by brock123 »

I ordered one will let you all know how it works out.
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

You can also check out the Kholster. www.kholster.com
It is very similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck but much more adjustable. If you want to order a Kholster, you can get a 10% rebate using the code 12-2821 in the special instructions box.
Kholster lists the PPK.
Either the Crossbreed or Kholster can be reformed by heating the kydex with a heat gun or hair drier. I've done it and it's too easy.
I don't have either for my P-64 but I have a Kholster for my Taurus Millennium that works great.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

I have a Dick Funk rig. A pancake with matching dual mag carrier in brown. It's a dressy rig, just wish he made a dress 'Ranger' belt to match. You can buy a more expensive rig, but you can't buy a better one. Why settle for something that 'Might ' work. When you can get something you know will work.
Last edited by rottenrick on January 30th, 2010, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

+1 on the suggestion for Dick Funk/US Gunleather IWB rig. It cannot be beat in price or quality.

That CrossBreed looks like a holster stapled onto a pizza pan...and it goes inside your pants????
Might be more comfortable to just glue a sock onto a baking pan and shove it inside your pants...probably works as well and would be cheaper, too! ;D
brock123

Post by brock123 »

I looked into them quite a bit and they have really good reviews. If I don't like it I have two weeks to send it back anyway and would just lose shipping. The use gun leather ones do look nice but with my current iwb holster the gun digs into my back a little so i wanted one with something behind it. The pancake one from us gun leather is the best looking belt holster for the p64 I've seen and I am sure I will end up getting one at some point but I want a IWB one first.
Last edited by brock123 on January 30th, 2010, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

brock123,
Hope you it works out for you, it does look like it might be comfortable let us know how it feels and if the gun fits good.
shinerjohn

Post by shinerjohn »

I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck for my Kahr CW9. It is very comfortable. My Makarov pistols fit in it very well also.
But I have the US Gunleather (Dick Funk's) IWB holster for my P-64. I wouldn't take for it! If I could order a Crossbreed specially made for my P-64, I wouldn't do it. I would stick with Dick Funk's rig. It is perfect!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I've heard nothing but good things about the Super Tuck. I think it's overpriced for what it is, but the design does work well. A while back I made one just to see how easy it was and how well it worked when worn. It was very easy, and after wearing it for a while, I realized that I'm a leather man through and through.

You could easily make one yourself for about $20. In fact, you might even get 2 out of the materials for that price. I bought the Kydex from knifekits.com and it was about $8 per sq ft. Since you aren't doing anything special with the leather, you could score some on the cheap from your local Tandy store. If you know how to screw in screws and turn on your oven, heat gun, or hair dryer, you can make one.

Good luck!
brock123

Post by brock123 »

Not really interested in making one. Every time I make something like that it turns out functional but not perfect and I end up using it for awhile then buying one anyways. Seeing how I plan on using this for a long time I will pay the money. That one does look pretty nice though.
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

I am in agreement with you Dick on the kydex/leather crossbreed holster! I did make a few small kydex holdsters for my hide-out guns ( Kel-Tec, Beretta model 20 and the Sterling .22LRs ) but they just were not user friendly for me. ;)

Perhaps as I have a long waistline it just felt not quite right to carry it for a long 12 hour shift. I basically went back to leather too cause it was more manageable and comfortable. 8-)
95south

Post by 95south »

I know this doesn't answer your original question but I find a Wolverine ankle holster a great way to carry a P-64. Maybe not the best choice but sometimes ankle carry is my only choice. Other times I use it as a back-up.
brock123

Post by brock123 »

I have a ankle holster on the way to. Wish I would have seen that wolverine earlier it looks like a lot nice holster for only about 5 dollars more.