New-to-me P64 with some others

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
paddlingman

Post by paddlingman »

Since it is traditional, some pics. Mostly glare and oil but there is a but of honest holster wear.

With my other 9x18...

Both sides of the Iron Curtain...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Very nice, thanks for sharing em with us.... :)
POINT SHOOTER
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

paddlingman, nice looking familly, no doubt there will more children in the future, it always seems to happen that way. 8-)
G.R.
fivepointstar

Post by fivepointstar »

SWEET!!!

does the Rubber grip help with the P64 little bite?? If so LMK I might have to do the same thing!

nice family Photo....P6, P7, and Pistole M?
stover

Post by stover »

For me (I have big hands) the rubber grip tamed the recoil a bit but also force me to take a higher grip on the gun. That led to slide bite and donating a little blood at the range. I've since taken it back off and the recoil bothers me less with each trip to the range. Don't know if I'm getting used to the recoil or the pistol is mellowing as the action smooths out and springs settle in.
stover

Post by stover »

Jealous of the P7 been watching them for years hoping to snag a bargain. Most stable price in the history of Handguns it seems.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

stover wrote:Jealous of the P7 been watching them for years hoping to snag a bargain. Most stable price in the history of Handguns it seems.
You and me both - my eyes instantly went to the P7 as soon as I saw the photo. :D
paddlingman

Post by paddlingman »

fivepointstar wrote:
I keep picking up a surplus Walther P5 when I'm at gun shows, just trying to justify it. I haven't convinced myself yet but there is a certain appeal to get all three from the W German pistol trials - P5, P6 and P7.

The P7 mags had gotten prohibitively expensive ($100+) but some new/factory ones made it in-country over the last month and the price has dropped to ~$60 again. They are amazing guns and one can find a surplus for as low as $550 now. I would say grab one now if you can. Mine was received as part of a CAI CETME trade.

Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

Last edited by paddlingman on December 1st, 2009, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivepointstar

Post by fivepointstar »

paddlingman wrote:
fivepointstar wrote:
I keep picking up a surplus Walther P5 when I'm at gun shows, just trying to justify it. I haven't convinced myself yet but there is a certain appeal to get all three from the W German pistol trials - P5, P6 and P7.

The P7 mags had gotten prohibitively expensive ($100+) but some new/factory ones made it in-country over the last month and the price has dropped to ~$60 again. They are amazing guns and one can find a surplus for as low as $550 now. I would say grab one now if you can. Mine was received as part of a CAI CETME trade.

Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

I CCW my P5 for a year!!! Its an excellent pistol!!!! only drawback was it was heavy for such a small pistol. Its VERY VERY accurate and a beautiful pistol. I recommend it. I have the P38, P1 and P5....gotta get the P4 one day too

I have a P6 but never shot it and the P7 is on my list of MUST HAVE list
stover

Post by stover »

Met a DEA guy when I was in the USMC, back in the mid 80s and he raved on his P7. I didn't get it then and definitely couldn't afford one with a family and E-4 pay. Now I get it and it is just a matter of finding the right one at the right price. Saw one at a gun show a few months ago priced right, < $600 at least. Looked almost as nice as yours. But then I did a function check. The cocker had some sort of hang up and made a loud click when you over came it. Sounded like a Makarov being de-cocked. Seller tried to convince me they all did that -- hum must of been doing something wrong every other time I handled one.
Passed on it. May have been something simple but there is a lot of stuff going on inside a P-7.
paddlingman

Post by paddlingman »

fivepoint - I sure would like to see pictures of the P1, P38 and P5 together. (hint, hint) ;)

stover - My P7 isn't too loud when squeezing the cocker. You definitely know when you've released the cocked (decocked) without shooting though! :)
stover

Post by stover »

Yea, this guy thought enough about it to post a video on how to silently decock the P7 -- seems to work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EqQizGu8k4
Found it when I was searching for a quick fix for the noisy gun show P7. If it was a common, and easily fixed issue, I would have went back for it.
paddlingman

Post by paddlingman »

Hey?! I just got the P7 out of the safe and tried it. That works! Very cool. Thanks, Stover!
stover

Post by stover »

Cool, that is awesome.