Swiss K-31 w/Bayonet

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Swiss K-31 w/Bayonet

Post by papabear »

'47 Swiss K-31 [7.5x55] with M1889/18 bayonet

My first Swiss rifle was the long military model 1911 with a almost 31" bbl, my second was the K-11 carbine which was the successor of the K-31, and I have had a few of the K-31's also, however, I sold my 1911 and K-11 to fund another project...... , wish I had em both back, and I sold my K-31's except one back a couple years ago to thin the heard of my WW1 &WWII rifles. My remaining K-31 is this 1947 Waffenfabrik with the 1889/18 bayonet with the rivet in the blood fuller and a original sling; this K-31 also has the ID tag of the soldier that had it last.
Last edited by papabear on November 27th, 2009, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
paddlingman

Swiss K-31 w/Bayonet

Post by paddlingman »

Wow?! Beautiful looking rifle. As a mod on Bladeforums, I've got to say that bayonet really catches the eye. That's one of the nicest I've ever seen.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Swiss K-31 w/Bayonet

Post by papabear »

paddingman,

Thanks for comments, the Swiss M1889/18 also referred to incorrectly as a 1889/99 , the rivet in the blood fuller is for preventing the bayonet from coming out of the scabbard, later other methods were used to prevent the bayonet from coming out of the scabbard such as a machined locking bar in the blood fuller and so on. A interesting note here is that the Swiss soldiers were allowed to have individual bayonets plated to enhance its appearance, I'm guessing for parades and such.
POINT SHOOTER
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Swiss K-31 w/Bayonet

Post by dfunk »

I remember when you could get those K31's for $125 all day in perfect condition. My only hangup at the time was whether or not that Swiss surplus ammo would be plentiful down the road. Is it now?
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Swiss K-31 w/Bayonet

Post by papabear »

Nope, as far as I know the surplus ammo is all gone, the GP-11 7.5 Swiss as dried up too, I still have few of the 60rd bricks of the GP-11, but I got that over 5 years ago when is was still cheap. When I take my K-31 to the range now I just take a 10rd box. The cheapest I know about is at AIM Surplus, 20 rd box of Prvi Partizan $13.50 or $13.25 for 10 box's or more. Sportsman's use to have it a few months back below $.55 a round but its all gone too. Ammo Man has 7.5 Swiss in Wolf Gold 200rds for $180 free delivery. My first K-31 I got for $89, my second one which is the one pictured here I got for $100 OTD, I've found one 3 years ago for $75 it was rough looking but a great shooter, refinished the stock and sold it for $150 a few months later. They are extremely accurate rifles, and this one is a keeper.
POINT SHOOTER
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Swiss K-31 w/Bayonet

Post by dfunk »

I've heard about their accuracy (hell, it's Swiss, right?), and that's what had me looking at them at the time. Plus that straight throw bolt is a great piece of ingenuity. But alas, if I can't afford to shoot it, it does me no good. Still though, yours is a beauty.