P-83

Use this section for all other firearms
hangfire

P-83

Post by hangfire »

Does anyone on the board have experience with the P-83 Wanad? I believe it was the successor to the P-64. There is a limited amount of information (much of it in Polish) online. A couple of sources state that they were exported to the U.S. in very limited quantities. I'd like to add one to my milsurp handgun collection but haven't found many for sale, even in the online auction sites. What's a reasonable price to pay for one - are they even worth buying? Thanks.
hangfire
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-83

Post by gunneyrabbit »

hangfire, good luck finding one, I've only heard of three sold in the last two years. One was purchased by one of our members last year at an auction for a very reasonable price. You can search the history section here at the forum for any information from our members by typing in P-83 or vanad,etc..
Good luck in your search.
G.R.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-83

Post by beasleydano »

Pretty scarce alright. I searched and finally found a pristine Eagle Edition at a very reasonable price on a gun forum. I did not keep it long. I sold for a nice profit on a gun forum also. I would definitely check the gun forums and post WTB in the classifieds. You might just get lucky.
blackblade

P-83

Post by blackblade »

I see them on Gunbroker fairly often. Did find one here:

http://www.collectiblefirearms.com/PistolsRadom.html
hangfire

P-83

Post by hangfire »

Well I only had to wait about 3 months for my wish to come true. I'm now the owner of a beautiful new, unissued P83. J&G came through big time. If you order one pay the extra $10 for hand select. My mfr. date is 1991, factory #11, one mag is matching S/N. I would post a picture were I not photographically challenged. Anyway the main reason for reopening an old thread was to ask if anyone knows whether there's a manual (preferably in English) for this thing, printed or downloadable. There are about to be a bunch of new P83 owners who will want to know how to take them apart. Thanks. hangfire
stover

P-83

Post by stover »

Pictures?
blackblade

P-83

Post by blackblade »

stover wrote:Pictures?
Check this thread: http://p64.proboards.com/index.cgi?boar ... hread=3041

Had a little holster wear and came saturated in cosmo. I degreased with Birchwood Casey Degreaser and lightly did a Cold Blue for a quick touch up.
Last edited by blackblade on November 22nd, 2009, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
oppy

P-83

Post by oppy »

Nice looking! Though I bet it will also go well with a nice Merlot... ;)
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.
mosinatic

P-83

Post by mosinatic »