grips

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
fullautoguy

grips

Post by fullautoguy »

I was wondering if there is a aftermarket solution for the P-64 that is not a houge slip on grip. also is there a way to minimize the felt recoil from this pistol. for a small pistol is has alot of bite.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

grips

Post by abwehr »

So far, there are not any aftermarket grips available for P-64 that I am aware of. One of the guys on the Forum made a set from wood for his pistol and they do look nice!

The only thing I am aware of for "softening" the recoil is to replace the recoil spring with a stronger spring. There are several thread on the Forum that make comments on this. Take a look at all the threads and you should find this one (here is a quick link: http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1131716004). Actually, even with a stronget spring, the little pistol is still going to give you a "bite". This is the most powerful round that can be used in a recoil operated pistol of this size, and it is going to have good recoil. SInce you have appreantly fired your pistol, how did you like it, did if function OK, any problems?

Also, a BIG WELCOME to the P-64 Forum!!!! Please come often and ask all the questions you want, and answer as many as you want!

Edit - Have you found the on-line printable Manual for the P-64 yet? Check out the last box on the main menu to get your copy.
Last edited by abwehr on November 23rd, 2005, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amd6547

grips

Post by amd6547 »

The only place I really notice recoil bite is the finger extension on the mag whacking my little finger. After a box of ammo, it gets painful!
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."