Broke my new gun.

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
lucenut

Broke my new gun.

Post by lucenut »

:(
Crap, just brought my new/used P64 home (from J&G). I opened the trigger guard and removed the slide like with my Russian Mak. But then I fiddled with the trigger and dropped the hammer. So then I think I wanted to recock the hammer and now the trigger won't do anything. I put the slide back on and the trigger is not activating anything.

I have the slide off and the grips off now and can't figure out what is wrong. This ring any bells for anyone? Grr. I was gonna go try it this evening.
lucenut

Broke my new gun.

Post by lucenut »

I am looking at the right side of the gun. The trigger bar is now off. I can't tell if the longer pin on the front end of the trigger bar is supposed to have the spring going under it and ride in the groove. It looks like it should ride there but I can't get the trigger bar to go back in with the spring under the pin.

Then I can't tell what the back end of the trigger bar is supposed to do.
istbankodad

Broke my new gun.

Post by istbankodad »

Sounds like the trigger spring has slipped off the trigger bar. This can happen because the bar becomes loose when the side is removed. If you operate the trigger with the slides off it will most surely pop loose. It's a bear to get back on the bar stem. I had to use a needle probe to reach in and push it down and forward onto the stem.
istbankodad

Broke my new gun.

Post by istbankodad »

Your right it does go under the bar in the groove
lucenut

Broke my new gun.

Post by lucenut »

OK, I got it. It was a bear to get the spring under the trigger bar post. I had to slide a tiny screwdriver blade in from the left side of the gun and from the right side hook it under that blade. Then put the trigger bar in and pull the blade out and the spring catches the post.

I was over-thinking it. The back end of the trigger bar just needs to ride under the disconnector. Then when the grip panels are on tight it holds the trigger bar where it needs to be. My P64 has a little more wear than I expected. And the right grip panel wasn't all the way in place allowing the trigger bar to pop out like that. I noticed the right grip panel had a gap between it and the frame. Now I have it down flush.

I love it already! Hopefully I can get the DA pull down a bit. It fits the pocket great! Anyone know where a guy can get great condition P64s? I know I'm gonna want more.
bryno44

Broke my new gun.

Post by bryno44 »

lucenut,
As of right now Inter Ordnance Inc. has P-64s that they are claiming are unissued; $199 each w/2 magazines and a cleaning rod. I believe I read someone posting on this board had bought one and kind of doubted the unissued claim, but was still very happy with the condition of the gun. You may want to research that and see if they are still happy. Anyhow, www.ioinc.us will sell you another P-64 and I believe I also read that J&G Sales still has a few P-64s in good to very good condition.
Enjoy yourself,
Bryan
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Broke my new gun.

Post by normsutton »

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
lucenut

Broke my new gun.

Post by lucenut »

Thanks Norm. I wasn't sure how to get the left side open like that. But I was able to slide that bar up a little, enough to slide a small screwdriver in. Then pushed the spring down from the right side with a pick so the screwdriver would hold the spring while I inserted the trigger bar.