P64 Help

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
fritzhund

P64 Help

Post by fritzhund »

:)

conscript47,

I have an extra set of Zee grips in white (off-white) if you would be interested. PM me and we can talk should you want them. They are new, from Zee, but I have so many sets right now that I would be willing to part with them for the project.

We like photos too!

I don't check in here as much as I used to, so please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away. I am busy during the summer and have other projects going on as well.

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
conscript47

P64 Help

Post by conscript47 »

Well, I shot it today!!! Good and bad:

The gun kicks a bit, but functions 100%. I tried Silver Bear, Brown Bear, some Czech S&B copper washed stuff in 24 round boxes, 6 rounds of Silver Bear HP, and 12 rounds of Hornady HP.

The bad, was in the oil. I had loaded the Silver and Brown in Makarov mags before, oiled mags. They had been sitting like that for a year and a half, and I guess it got to them. I had 5 or so "weak" loads, where the gun fired and ejected but it was clearly not full load. And with the Silver Bear, I had a bullet stuck in the barrel! That was after only 5 mags, I fortunately had my cleaning kit there, used a rod, patches and wrench to knock it out. A few notes on this procedure, put a patch on the end of the rod AND around it at the end of the barrel so as not to damage it, use a brass rod so there is less risk of damage, and use oil to make it easier for the bullet to come out. If knocking from the muzzle end... remember to decock the hammer first. The wrench was the improv hammer. I guess a lesson learned is that Brown Bear has better protection against moisture/ oil.

Anyway... got it out, put her back together and back to the shooting. VERY accurate pistol, POA is POI at 15 yards. Smooth shooter!

Special thanks to Zee for supplying some last-minute grips, he sent me some tan thumbrest grips he had lying around since I needed something quick. I currently have the 20 pound recoil spring and I believe the 19 pound trigger spring in it. I may go to the 22 pound recoil spring eventually, the trigger pull is still a little rough but it has been getting better with break-in.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

P64 Help

Post by blinddog »

These little guns grow on you like crazy, they are highly addictive, be warned!!
daven

P64 Help

Post by daven »

A most useful piece of equipment (made for me by a friend with a lathe) is a brass drift that is just under 9 mm in diameter and about 25 cms long. If that will not move the blocked bullet, then it is a gunsmith job. Saved my bacon with a few guns from 9 x 19, 9 x 18 and 0.38 special. Daven