Taurus PT1911

Use this section for all other firearms
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Taurus PT1911

Post by papabear »

Recently took a ole' friend to the range, its one of my .45acp family that I really like to shoot and especially now that Norm changed out the flat mainspring housing and installed a curved one, I don't care for the flat housing at all. Anyway, the .45acp is what I enjoy shooting the most and now that I am retired and reloading and can afford to shoot more .45acp rounds, me and my ole' friend will get to spend more time at the range, along with all his brothers and sisters...... ;D

POINT SHOOTER
ogdengunner

Taurus PT1911

Post by ogdengunner »

Nice Papabear,

I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in SS finish. It is a 40 S&W.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Taurus PT1911

Post by papabear »

ogdengunne,

I also have a Taurus PT145 and I really like it also, my cousin has the 24/7 in 40cal also and I have shot his, nice handing pistol, a .40cal just may be in my near future.

POINT SHOOTER
ogdengunner

Taurus PT1911

Post by ogdengunner »

I think you will enjoy the 40. It is a little more spunky than a 9mm, but not overly so. Of course it will be less of a punch for you since you have been shooting the 1911.
olympus

Taurus PT1911

Post by olympus »

The Taurus was the first 1911 that I purchased. It was a blued version. Other than the fact that the finish was really poor, the gun was an awesome shooter! I ended up trading it for another one in stainless. Now that I have stainless, I don't plan to ever part with it!

A set of really nicely colored exotic wood grips will make that blued one look like a totally different gun. I just so happen to know a place where you can some...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Taurus PT1911

Post by papabear »

olympus,

I have to agree with you about the finish, its a bit thin and won't take much abuse, but I got it used [98%] w/hard case and papers with 3 factor mags for $450 OTD, and now that I have the curved mainspring on it and have found the sweet spot for it with my relaods I don't want to part with it.

I do agree with also on the stainless version, that is fine looking .45acp
Last edited by papabear on June 18th, 2009, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
olympus

Taurus PT1911

Post by olympus »

They are definitely good guns. Good luck with it.