Anyone tried this ammo before?

Info, pictures, advice...
southbendin

Post by southbendin »

ogdengunner

Post by ogdengunner »

I have not personally tried it, but the reviews I have seen on Silver and Brown Bear ammo have been very positive. I am sure there are others here on the forum who have used it and can provide a better insight.
xdcolorado

Post by xdcolorado »

Nope, I'm thinking that Glaser "safety" ammo is more for the safety of the bad guy. This stuff may be great if you come across a snake and need to shoot it with a 9x18. I just can't see it doing much damage. Maybe it would within 3 feet or so, I wouldn't carry it for any reason whatsoever. Stick with good hollow point ammo (Hornady in the 9x18) or even FMJ would be more effective than this. If you can locate a single police agency that uses this stuff in any caliber as a daily carry, then may give it a shot. But I seriously doubt you would find it.

If you want to shoot "shot", get a shot gun or maybe even a Taurus judge revolver that take 410 shells.
Last edited by xdcolorado on June 12th, 2009, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob

Post by bob »

Not enough penetration.Looks good in gelatin but too shallow.I think Wound Ballistic Instiute(Fackler) had something about them a few years ago.Penetration is first consideration.
olympus

Post by olympus »

I wouldn't waste my time with Glaser stuff....