Need ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

They don't have the PowrBall Norm. I found it at my local gun shop. CorBon also sells it on their website. It's a little higher ($23.70) but you don't need much one or two boxes for testing and carry.

https://www.dakotaammo.net/shop/product ... cts_id=259
Last edited by jbabbler on May 6th, 2009, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
John has a long mustache
odonoma

Need ammo

Post by odonoma »

I just ordered mine from dakota ammo. I also picked up some .380. Thanks to all for the information.

Mark
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Need ammo

Post by normsutton »

jbabbler

THANK'S

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
mirother

Need ammo

Post by mirother »

jbabbler, thanks for the tip. I looked on the Dakota website and found a 50 round box of Glaser slugs in 9X18 Mak on closeout. They are still $75. So, they ain't cheap. Do you, Mark, Norm, or anyone else have an opinion on these? Has anyone used these? They are usually sold in six round packs for just under $20.
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

The safety slugs are great for home defense as they SHOULDN'T penetrate sheetrock walls. The chances of shooting a family member in another room decreases drastically. The downside is that they can be deflected by thinner materials and definitely need a clear shot to be effective. Once they hit the results are pretty devastating though as it fragments and causes a huge wound cavity.
John has a long mustache
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

I use a 20ga. 870 Youth model for inside defense, loaded with #4 buckshot and slug for my wife in the bed room, plus my P-64. A 12 ga. combat shotgun in the pantry. 9MM in the living room, plus an sks paratrooper with 30rd mag in dining room behind the hutch. Early warning system, drive way alarm, plus three biscuit eaters, two outside,one inside. The one inside is the one you have to watch, Happy (she's not with strangers). That's not counting the revolvers, other rifles and shotguns and others stashed I haven't mentioned . I've had three guys try and case the house before, didn't know I was home SHAZAM!! SURPRIZE!!! SURPRIZE!!! It can be a problem in the sticks. REMEMBER THE SCOUT MOTTO.
sapo

Need ammo

Post by sapo »

Yea I need more ammo..............there is only about 7000 rds of .223. 6000 of 7.62X39 including an unopened can of Norinco steel core. Several thousand of 9X18. Several thousand .40 S&W. I got 9 MM coming out of everywhere. This does not include ready use in the safe. ::) We wont even talk about all the powder, primers and bullets I have been buying the last few years!

Last edited by sapo on May 6th, 2009, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odonoma

Need ammo

Post by odonoma »

mirother-

All I know about the Glazers is basically what jbabbler has said. My house is set up with the master bedroom and nursery is upstairs where my wife and 15 month old sleep. I also have 2 biscuit-eaters, a very protective yellow lab and a loud barking 50 lb mutt. Being an avid hunter and constantly aware of my "background" when shooting, I do not worry about that as much. I also understand that deer, duck, quail, and the like do not shoot at me, so I just hope that I have it engraned enough that it is second nature.

Mark
mirother

Need ammo

Post by mirother »

Thanks jbabbler and Mark for the response. Would any of you buy Glaser slugs at that price?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Need ammo

Post by normsutton »

J&G has
9x18 Norinco 95gr FMJ, 50 rd boxes.
[5-52]

$9.95

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... 20530a3655

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

NORMSUTTON wrote:J&G has
9x18 Norinco 95gr FMJ, 50 rd boxes.
[5-52]

$9.95

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... 20530a3655

NORM
Thanks Norm, I haven't seen the Norinco ammo in quite some time. That's strange though, I thought the Norinco ammo was all 93gr FMJ. If this is the same ammo it should yield around 1014fps and 212ftlb energy.
John has a long mustache
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

mirother wrote:Thanks jbabbler and Mark for the response. Would any of you buy Glaser slugs at that price?
I don't know that I would actually carry that ammo. I'm just not a big fan of frangible ammo.
John has a long mustache
pirate

Need ammo

Post by pirate »

I just received 1000 rounds (20 boxes) of Brown Bear from Sportsmans Guide shipped for $205 total/$10.25 per box with my club membership and with $10 coupon. Not bad at all.
mirother

Need ammo

Post by mirother »

jbabbler, Thanks for sharing your experience. I probably will pass to buying Glaser.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Need ammo

Post by beasleydano »

pirate wrote:I just received 1000 rounds (20 boxes) of Brown Bear from Sportsmans Guide shipped for $205 total/$10.25 per box with my club membership and with $10 coupon. Not bad at all.
I like Bear ammo. I bought 1,000 rounds of Brown Bear from AIM Surplus for $190 + shipping and they sold out pretty fast. I bought 1,000 rounds of Silver Bear from Sportsmans Guide also (on the 4 payment plan). Gotta get some more Norinco Green Box from J&G before they sell out!