DA trigger pull on CZ70

Use this section for all other firearms
tman11787

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by tman11787 »

My brother and I shot his CZ70 this weekend. Beautiful gun...awful trigger pull -- both in DA/SA. Wolff doesn't carry any springs for the 70. Is anyone aware if the CZ50 is close enough internally to the 70 to swap the hammer spring out?

Thanks,

Tman11787
electross

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by electross »

I was wondering the same thing myself. From what I have read, the difference between the CZ50 and the CZ70 was the grip and additional serrations on the slide so it would be easier to rack the slide for the first round. The rest should be the same. But I am not postively sure. Wolff Springs are cheap! :)
pshootr

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by pshootr »

While I no longer own either one, I'm pretty sure they are all but identical internally. Actually, all the small double action pocket autos which resemble the Walther PP, other than the Makarov, use pretty similar hammer springs, so if you happen to have lighter spring in your spare parts drawer you can always give it a try. Polishing the hammer strut, the inside of the hammer spring (with a rolled up piece of sandpaper) and the area on the hammer between the full cock notch and the safety notch will usually help the trigger pull on the CZ-50/70 and P-64. In double action mode the sear drags along the hammer between the two notches. I would leave altering in any way the sear or either notch on the hammer to an experienced gunsmith, but the area between the notches and hammer strut and spring can be judiciously polished without adversely affecting safety.
electross

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by electross »

tman11787,
Just bought a CZ 70. It has the same set up as a CZ52. (go figure) To smooth some things out a little, flip the slide over, push down on the firing pin retractor lock, shove the firing pin out, may have to grip it with needle nose, pull. There is a firing pin retractor spring and it probably is rusty, shine that thing up, clean out the hole of the retractor lock, polish the whole thing, use a .177 cal bore brush and clean out the firing pin hole, then just as pshooter recommended, polish the hammer strut, it really graps the hammer spring. Once that is all done buff the top of the trigger bar where it touches the retractor lock and you should be good to go. Good luck.
Dale
tman11787

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by tman11787 »

Great tips fellas ! We'll give them a try next time he comes down for the weekend. Thanks again!
tman11787

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by tman11787 »

electross,

Tried the mods you suggested today. Got the gun apart OK and got most everything done but after taking the hammer spring / strut out a spring / clip (flat with a large and smaller bent ends) popped out. Unfortunately, I didn't phograph the gun immediatelty after taking the grips off. At this point I've got no idea how this spring clip goes back into the grip frame. Could you photograph and post a picture of how its put together?

Are there any other CZ70 owners that have a detailed set of assembly instructions with photos rather than the line drawing I've found on the web?

Any help is much appreciated. Happy Memorial Day !

Tman11787
pshootr

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by pshootr »

Exploded view with parts list. Hope this helps.
http://home.fuse.net/phoeflich/CUTE/inf ... /xcz50.jpg
electross

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by electross »

tman11787,
I think you might be referring to a spring that is set behind the hammer spring retainer (refer to pshooter's diagram) By the way, thanks pshooter for the diagram. Its a spring that keeps the magazine from dropping completely out of tha mag well. It is held in place by the tension of the hammer spring. It is not shown in the diagram, the large bent end goes in towards the magazine, the small end lays behind the spring retainer. I hope this helps. Anxious to find out about your mods.
Dale
tman11787

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by tman11787 »

electross,
Thanks for the input. The fact that the hammer spring strut holds it in place helps but, unfortuantley, I'm really not sure about placement. Do the U-shaped ends of the spring (the big and small) face toward the frame or toward the spring strut? Also, does the large end go up (closest to the hammer) or down toward the but of the grip? Boy, a photo whould help....

Any other CZ70 owners out there that can snap a shot of the spring in place?

Thanks !
electross

DA trigger pull on CZ70

Post by electross »

Big end faces towards the frame, should be self explanatory. The large end of the spring is what catches the mag and keeps it from falling out of the mag well when the release is pushed. Small end is what gets held in place by the spring retainer. It should only want to go back together one way. Sorry, no pics, my camera is at work. Not real good at posting pictures anyway. :)