Any BP shooters here?

Use this section for all other firearms
guydeloimbard

Any BP shooters here?

Post by guydeloimbard »

here's me with mine :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/L ... CF4187.jpg

I haven't gotten any pictures of myself shooting it yet, having too much fun firing it. So much fun I'm no longer allowed to shoot it at the local indoor range. At least summer's coming and there's lots of empty space around here to shoot in.
Last edited by guydeloimbard on April 30th, 2009, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Any BP shooters here?

Post by normsutton »

guydeloimbard

nice pix , to big

one problem and you are not the only one doing it . when you upload your pix to http://s56.photobucket.com/

please upload them at (max image size: 640 x 480 ) then I won't have to ask to resize them to 640 x 480 or I might have to delete the pix's, it makes it more enjoyable to look at
so could you resize the pix
we like a lot of pix on the P-64 forum at the right size

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Any BP shooters here?

Post by normsutton »

guydeloimbard

I use to shoot a lot of black powder guns

mostly flint lock rifles

now into black powder cartridge guns

like this

303 on left 577/450 on right

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
guydeloimbard

Any BP shooters here?

Post by guydeloimbard »

Sorry about that Norm, I've been using photobucket for a while now and I had no idea they recently upped their size limit. Everything I used to put on there got resized automatically. I shrunk down the two I posted on the boards here, and although they show up smaller on photobucket now, that doesn't seem to have carried over to here? I will keep that in mind in the future when I upload stuff.
mikestl

Any BP shooters here?

Post by mikestl »

Lyman Great Plains rifle here...50 cal with the 1 in 66" barrel. The barrel limits me to patched ball rounds if I want accuracy, but I still shoot some conical bullets through it occasionally. I cast my own. It is great fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate, but I get a lot of dirty looks and "coughs" from others on the range. Maybe I should use real black powder instead of the modern stuff and really stink up the place! :)

I enjoy shooting it whenever I'm in the mood to shoot a big gun with a lot of boom. Can't beat the price of "ammo"....scrap lead, some patch material, 80 grains of Pyrodex, and a percussion cap. I would be surprised if each shot costs me more than a penny or two.