Need ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
tnscooter

Need ammo

Post by tnscooter »

I was wondering where the best price to get good 9x18 ammo online for my p64, looks like from what I've read on here most like the silver and brown bear for the buck. I have tried looking around town and the only place I found to have it is $22 ouch :o would really like to find some FMJ & HP if possible. Thanks, Scott
istbankodad

Need ammo

Post by istbankodad »

Brown bear is the cheapest I've been able to find. Around 11to 12 bucks a box on line ammo stores. I've been fortunate to find some at a local gun show for 12 bucks and saved myself a shipping charge. Gun shows are a good place to get a deal on just about anything.
sla011308

Need ammo

Post by sla011308 »

Aim Surplus had some Brown Bear that was at a decent price, we went in on 3,000 and paid approximately $10.60/bx
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Just received another 500rds. yesterday of Silver bear from J&G $106.00 PLUS SHIPPING. You might do better at a local gun show if possible. I'm hunting some Hornady. But, there's a gent at our local gun show the first weekend in may that reloads. I know he had hollow point 9x18MAK at a reasonable rate the last time I was there. I can't remember the price because Iwasn't buying MAK. No telling what he's charging now. People were buying everything except MAK, so maybe I'll get lucky. I bought 500 reloadable 7.62x39 SP and 200 7.62x54r SP it was good stuff.
tnscooter

Need ammo

Post by tnscooter »

Thanks for the info, I found this on an old thread about the ammo viewtopic.php?t=959
Hope you old timers dont get tired of newbies asking old questions. What do you think about the HP ammo, I have read they get stuck on the ramp, I am using this as my cc for the summer. Thanks for the help, Scott
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Don't worry I'm an FNG too. I'll let you know.
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

Graf & Sons has Barnaul for $10.99 with free shipping. I just bought 6 boxes for $70 shipped.

http://www.grafs.com/product/226126
John has a long mustache
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Last time I went to Graf & sons it was on back order.
mirother

Need ammo

Post by mirother »

jbabbler, Does that Barnaul ammo from Graf & Sons come in a 50 or 40 round box? The picture says one thing and the words something else?
hairypolack

Need ammo

Post by hairypolack »

I've been lucky enough to find Brown Bear at 12.99 a box the last time I bought some. It seems that everyone is looking for 9X19 but not as much people are looking for 9X18.

That's good and bad for me because I need some DAMN LUGER AMMO!
lagavulin62

Need ammo

Post by lagavulin62 »

istbankodad wrote:Gun shows are a good place to get a deal on just about anything.

uh except guns. ...well at least I have not seen a decent deal on any makarov or p64 in 6 months. of course why would you buy a p64 from anyplace but j&g? the makarovs however are a different matter. I see nothing but overpriced ij70's, mostly in 380.
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

mirother wrote:jbabbler, Does that Barnaul ammo from Graf & Sons come in a 50 or 40 round box? The picture says one thing and the words something else?
I noticed that too. I'm actually not sure but have heard good things about the Barnaul and wanted to get some while I could.

I just saw that rrarms has Silver Bear JHP and FMJ in stock as of today.

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?action=1025&brand=9x18MK
John has a long mustache
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Brown bear and Silver bear are made at the CJSC Barnaul Cartridge plant. Is the regular Barnaul, brass, boxer primed re-loadable??
tnscooter

Need ammo

Post by tnscooter »

I went and ordered from J&G the brown bear today. They dont say wether it is on back order or not just that will take 7 to 14 days, and I really dont like that they dont give a tracking # but I have seen alot of good stuff about them on threads here. I would like to have the HP in gun for cc does anyone know if they are worth getting for the p64 which is a good price that rrarms has.
Last edited by tnscooter on April 28th, 2009, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Someone had mentioned the Silverbear HP didn't expand well, can't remember where I read it. What I'm looking for is Hornady HP's about 15.00 to 18.00 for 24 or 25rds. I have four mags, one box will fill my immediate needs. I'd like to have a least four more boxes in reserve. Now have plenty of Brown an' Silver bear(for now). I don't have to travel to shoot pistol, just step out the back door, so I tend to shoot not alot of rounds, but I shoot often when the mood strikes me.