Yahoo! I got one! CZ82 that is

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
lcberlin

Post by lcberlin »

I went looking around today, and at a local small store they had one CZ 82 left. So I bought it. Just finished cleaning it up and fired one full magazine to see how it goes. Shot it along with the P-64, and there is a noticeable difference in recoil.

Does anyone recommend changing the recoil spring, and if so, to what weight? I saw Wolff has factory 14.5, 16.5 and 18.5. Was really just thinking of getting the combo pack and seeing what happens.

Any suggestions as to a fluff-n-buff to do?

Thanks, y'all!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

i havenlcberlin

I haven't had to replace the recoil springs in mine , so get the combo pack and then tell us what's the best for you, just polish the feed ramp and make sure the gun is real clean

go and have fun with it
like to see some pix of it
NORM
Last edited by normsutton on March 8th, 2009, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
shinerjohn

Post by shinerjohn »

I didn't change any of the springs in mine either. Do let us know....
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Got my CZ82 from AIM, have put over 500 rds though mine and don't see the need to change anything, however, I do like the way grayfox painted his, they look good.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on March 10th, 2009, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
lcberlin

Post by lcberlin »

Here are some photos of my CZ 82

Nothing special, just mine. Had to do some car repairs, so the Wolff springs will have to wait a little while longer. Will Update when I do change them.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

lcberlin
nice pix thank for sharing

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
big54r

Post by big54r »

I will not be satisfied or content until I get one of these cz82's!!! ;D ;D :D 8-)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

lcberlin,

Very nice and appreciate the pic's, they are excellent pistols, easy and fun to shoot.

Here's mine, it came from AIM a while back.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

the only trouble I had with the CZ82 is that it was such a nice pistol I had to go and get the CZ83:). Love them both, just a bit large to cc but the high cap sure is nice.
guydeloimbard

Post by guydeloimbard »

I have one of these, it was actually my first pistol way back. At one point it broke the latch at the top of the trigger guard that holds it in place, presumably from a weak recoil spring allowing the slide to impact it too hard. I replaced that and got a set of wolff springs for it, currently I'm running the 16.5lb in it. It makes pulling the slide a bit stiffer but I'd say it tames the recoil a bit.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

Here is a pic of mine, with Marschal grips and Falco holster.
The target was fired offhand at 25yds.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I have to qualify once a year to carry well since we are talking cvz82 here guess what I use every year yup and the gun not me makes the chore easy...
lagavulin62

Post by lagavulin62 »

I've been shooting the cz75, trying to get confident enough to qualify with it but it's getting hard to find the ammo and not sure I will be able to get enough practice in. I'm thinking maybe I need to pick the 82 up and use that instead. I've been putting in an order with ammo to go every paycheck and got plenty of 9X18. can anyone comment on the trigger reach for the 82 as compared to the p64 and makarov? I've only held a cz82 once. for qualifying I would prefer a gun that gives me more reach room and not feel so cramped.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Checked out a gun shop I don't normally trade at today. They wanted 300 bucks for a very badly taken care of CZ-82. It was a third or fourth owner with an after market holster and mag holder( both leather, but badly done. Guess I'm spoiled after buying from US Gunleather.)
The piece was filthy, not from storage either. There was the kid looking at it, in the market for a pistol. I spoke to him, when the clerk moved of to someone else. Took him out and showed him my P-64, with Dennis's grips and Dickfunks rig. I think we have a new convert. But, told him about J&G, P-64 website. Told him he could get a much better deal on 82's there if that's what he wanted. They were going to rip this kid off. We'll see if it took or not.
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

lcberlin wrote:I went looking around today, and at a local small store they had one CZ 82 left. So I bought it. Just finished cleaning it up and fired one full magazine to see how it goes. Shot it along with the P-64, and there is a noticeable difference in recoil.

Does anyone recommend changing the recoil spring, and if so, to what weight? I saw Wolff has factory 14.5, 16.5 and 18.5. Was really just thinking of getting the combo pack and seeing what happens.

Any suggestions as to a fluff-n-buff to do?

Thanks, y'all!
just curious...how much did you pick it up for?

when I see things like the pa-63 going for almost $300, I start to worry.