Some newbie questions

Info, pictures, advice...
m2hmghb

Some newbie questions

Post by m2hmghb »

I see you're only supposed to shoot 95 grain ammo in the P64, all I have is 100 grain wolf. Would it be ok to shoot 50 or so rounds to make sure it functions with that ammo? I plan on getting some 95 grain eventually, but NJ ammo laws are a bit retarded right now. I figure I'll check the mags with the 100 grain rounds, then switch to reloads for casual shooting, and keep some 100 grain rounds in the mags.

Forgot to mention, I'd put in an extra power Wolff spring too.
Last edited by m2hmghb on March 30th, 2009, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Some newbie questions

Post by normsutton »

m2hmghb

welcome
its you gun , shoot what want, but I wouldn't shoot any type of wolf steel cased ammo in my guns I like my guns to much, oh by the way as of right now there are no parts for these guns

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
olympus

Some newbie questions

Post by olympus »

I'd say if you've only got 50 rounds of the 100 grainers, you should be alright. These guns are pretty tough. But take that advice with a grain of salt. I don't want it coming back that I said it would be alright to shoot. Sometimes you never know. I'm not recommending that you shoot the stuff, but if you were just itching to shoot your new pistol and that was all you had, I'd shoot the stuff up and not buy any more in the future.
Last edited by olympus on March 31st, 2009, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.