P-64, For the Ladies? I don't think so!

Info, pictures, advice...
p64

Post by p64 »

Trace
Nice choice on the P22, that's what I got for my wife and she loves it.

I have a friend, a rather large and stocky guy who was shot with a .22 and says he never wants to be shot with anything again, not even a .22.
He said the pain was enough to double him over.

I load my wifes P22 with Velocriters for her to carry.
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

p64 wrote:Trace

I have a friend, a rather large and stocky guy who was shot with a .22 and says he never wants to be shot with anything again, not even a .22.

.22 is really underrated at times. People see a small round and think that it is good for nothing but pest control. Not respecting a live round much less a loaded firearms is a fatal mistake.
dusty62

Post by dusty62 »

hairypolack wrote:
p64 wrote:Trace

.22 is really underrated at times. People see a small round and think that it is good for nothing but pest control. Not respecting a live round much less a loaded firearms is a fatal mistake.
Well said. Any round, properly placed, is a deadly round.

dus'
tommy2

Post by tommy2 »

It has been interesting to read your comments. Thank you and Good Shooting! Tommy2
bob

Post by bob »

My only concern with a 22 for personal defense is that the round itself is not dependable even with premium stuff.Duds, weak loads etc.I don't think manufacturers quaity control them as they do for what is considered actual defensive rounds.In their eyes the 22 is for plinking or varmint type hunting.
arex

Post by arex »

I originally got our P64 for my wife to use...she couldn't comfortably handle it. She's not a wimp, but it's just too harsh. Even I don't care for it that much, in spite of finding it to be a generally nifty little gun. Linda has a Makarov now, and likes it a lot better.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

If I had to use a .22 it would be a heavy weight solid 60 gr., not a hollow point. You'll need it to punch through heavy clothing. The bullet hits a bone, it could end up anywhere in the body, leaving a path of destruction. A hollowpoint while expanding, might not penetrate to cause enough damage. But, that won't help someone that needs to put someone down NOW. A friend bought some DRT'S in 9mm. I personally haven't tried them. They are expensive to the nth degree. My son has alluded to some type of round being used in Iraq, that's absolutely a killer, being used in 9mm .223, .308 . He's in his second tour in country now
big54r

Post by big54r »

I've let 2 of the women in my family try the p64 and it was a no go for both!

my wife couldn't pull the slide and couldn't pull the trigger in a double action dry fire, so it was an obvious no go, but she has been very ill for nearly 18 month's and prior to that she was a very good shooter with several tactical handgun classes under her belt. So maybe when she has her strenght back and feels better she will do better.

my wife's neice didn't like the lil p64 after firing it and racking the slide, she said the sting was a bit much but the feel and size of the gun was perfect. She was able to rack the slide, but with some effort. The report sorta unnerved her and startled her to some extent. The gun moved in her hand due to the cartridge, so maybe a 32acp will suffice for her or a 380.

I love the p64 though, obviously!
tommy2

Post by tommy2 »

Thanks to all of you who made comments on my post. It's different opinions that make things interesting! Tommy2