Swiss K31's

Use this section for all other firearms
brianintheup

Swiss K31's

Post by brianintheup »

Any in put on a Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31. I was thinking of getting one and wondered if anyone has had any experience with one of these guns (both shooting and reloading).
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Swiss K31's

Post by papabear »

brianintheup,

I have had a few of the K-31's back some time ago, thinned the heard of all my milsurps in the last year or so after I retired. I really the K-31 the longer M1911 model as well, but I now only have one K-31 left, its a 1947 with a M1889/99 bayonet that has the rivet in the blood fuller, the purpose of the rivet is to lock it in the scabbard preventing it from coming out on its own. These straight-pull 7.5x55 rifles are very accurate and the actions on them are as smooth as a Swiss watch it you keep em clean. I haven't shot this one in a while, but it will be one of the next ones I take to the range on my next trip by you bringing up the question on the K-31, funny how that works. When I bought it, it had the I.D. tag behind the butt plate, I tried a few years ago to get in contact with the person on the I.D. tag, after several attempts I did hear from his family, he had passed away, but they thanked me for letting them know where the rifle had wound up. In Switzerland, you are required to serve two years in the military from the age of 19 to 30 +. Interesting stories and history behind these rifles, and for quite some time I collected most of the bayonets that go with the Swiss 1911 long rifle and the shorter the K-31, sold off all but this rifle and bayonet, also have the scabbard and frog that goes with it. Just another piece of history I enjoy.

Can't help you with the reloading, I just getting into the reloading part of this hobby, and I do have a lot of the 7.5x55 ammo so it may be awhile before I get around to reloading that particular round.

Last edited by papabear on February 17th, 2009, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
brianintheup

Swiss K31's

Post by brianintheup »

papabear,

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to get one. I plan on customizing it a bit though.
6x6pinz

Swiss K31's

Post by 6x6pinz »

I have really enjoyed my K31. I never pursued the name on the tag but found it interesting that the tags are there. I also stocked up on the ammo and enjoy taking it out on ocassion. Great feel when shooting them and besided you can't go wrong with swill mil stuff
commandercob

Swiss K31's

Post by commandercob »

You will really enjoy a K-31. The Swiss military ammo is usually available online for less than $0.45 a round. I think I bought my last batch from Graf and Sons. Prvi is reloadable and only around $12 a box.

My K-31 has been sporterized. I also just realized this is an old photo before I put a long-eye relief scope in place of the rear site. A friend of mine refinished the gun and gave it as a gift. The stock was in real bad shape from years of being stored in the snow outside sausage restaurants. I believer this the beechwood, and I think maple stocks are also out there.