DAO conversion?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
3rdpig

DAO conversion?

Post by 3rdpig »

Thanks again Pshooter, for the timely and accurate advice. I'm going to take a look at the areas you mentioned later today. I loved the accuracy of the gun with the lighter pull, but the misfires are unacceptable, so hopefully smoothing it up will help with that, but I'll try a 20 pound spring if smoothing things doesn't get me to where I want to be. Maybe a combination of the two will work.

One thing I do notice now that I've got a couple of other P-64's to compare it to, is that my oldest P-64, the one I did the DAO conversion on, has a noticeably lighter DA pull with the factory spring than the newer guns I have to compare it too, also with their factory springs. With the stock spring it's about the same as the other two with the 18 pound spring, and with the 18 pound spring it's like a stock S&W revolver. I'm wondering if that particular gun had already had work done on it before I got it, or if the earlier guns were just smoother or had a lighter stock spring.

I'm still looking forward to one day using this gun for summer carry once I get it's little peccadillos worked out, or as I become more proficient with it's DA pull. I consider 50 feet, minute of bad guy, accuracy a must with any main defensive pistol. This one is certainly capable of that and more with a decent DA pull and some practice on my part. I'm doing it right now at 30 feet, but at 50 the heavier DA pull is making me miss to often.

I'll update this thread on my progress.
Last edited by 3rdpig on August 24th, 2008, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.