Manufature date?

Info, pictures, advice...
shellshock1918

Manufature date?

Post by shellshock1918 »

I'm looking at the P-64s that MCS has and they have so many with different dates. The earliest is a '69 and the latest is a '76 I believe. Is there any difference between the two? Does it matter when it was made? Better quality with the later ones?
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Manufature date?

Post by garry »

ShellShock1918, Hello ! This link, from the "Sticky" section, has a description of the differences between the years and the changes made. (at least what we know, so far)
I don't know of any lists of actual dates of manufacturing. If you find said list, Please post it here on this website! Thanks , G
http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=1570
shellshock1918

Manufature date?

Post by shellshock1918 »

thanks
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Manufature date?

Post by garry »

No Problem! The Sticky Section is pretty good reading ! Enjoy! G
fritzhund

Manufature date?

Post by fritzhund »

:)

Shellshocked in 1918 I presume?

I have purchased several P-64's from MCS. If you call you can get a handpick. No problem. The earlier versions have a more plum colored slide in my opinion. I bought two cherry ones just to put away, factory stock. 1968 round hammer and 1975 triangle hammer. I have another 1975 that I carry, with Dennis grips, 18lb hammer and 20lb recoil Wolff spring mods. There are also a couple more in the collection with factory grips and Wolff mods that I shoot at the range. 1969 and 1974. Those are the two that get shot a lot. Every P-64 I now have was purchased from MCS. I have owned others and notice the quailty from MCS. Shop around and you will see everything from beat to shit to mint. MCS is where you want to shop. Matching mags too. GB has the worst looking most expensive ones.....

I do not work for or advertise for MCS. I have just been treated very well there and have never received a P-64 from them that was not as perfect as these guns can be as stored. You will not receive a pos from them. The reason that they are listed on the home page of this site as a recommended seller is because I explained this to dickfunk.

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
electross

Manufature date?

Post by electross »

I'm not sure if the quality is any better with later ones but when I worked with MCS to buy my last P64, I was told that naturally the newer P64's will be a little nicer. They are newer. That does not mean that anything older will not be in good shape. MCS sells a good P64. Its up to you, the older version has the round hammer, newer ones have the triangular hammer. If it were me I would go for the newer version. I believe there was some trigger mods on the newer version. You can't go wrong either way. Have fun shootin!
torpeau

Manufature date?

Post by torpeau »

electross wrote:I'm not sure if the quality is any better with later ones but when I worked with MCS to buy my last P64, I was told that naturally the newer P64's will be a little nicer. They are newer.
I have an older and a newer from MCS and they appear to be of equally high quality.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark