How do they expect you to soar like eagles?

Info, pictures, advice...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

When ya gotta work with numbskulls that do this kind of CRAP!!
This clown has torn up more stuff, but this tops the cake. :-*

Last edited by manicmechanic on June 27th, 2008, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hey MM, does this fella work with you? what is that on top? an awning? a roof? Did he try to drive away with the boom up? and best Q yet, Does he even know that he did this? hehe G
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

the biggest thing this guy should drive is a DESK!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Garry, I guess he actually works against me, he's always tearing something up or down as the pic shows. He drove into the fueling canopy at one of our stations with his boom up higher than what is shown in pic. He knows now, not sure what the outcome was at this mornings meeting with the union and management, but I'm sure he'll end up being promoted or something crazy. I'll try and post more pics as I get them.
Mikeh1, I'd be ok with a desk, as long as it's a small desk in another state and maybe another country. I'd try and post a pic of the driver but don't want to get into any trouble.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Humph?
Wonder how he got a commercial license? And you say he has done something similar before, sounds like it's time for drug and alcohol testing to me; or does the union forbid that too?
G.R.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

G.R. I'm sure he had to submit to alcohol and drug test yesterday right after this happened, if he didn't he was fortunate. But I don't think he even drinks. He's just a numbskulled dolt. I've had to replace the same mudflap on the same side twice in less than 10 minutes, I didn't even ask how he managed to yank them off. I could write a book on some of the stuff this one guy has done since I've known him. I'm sure it has to add up to over a $100,000 worth of damage to equipment and or property, company and private. We've got a couple of these guys at each station it seems, and somehow they manage to keep their jobs.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Couple more pics in first post.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

manicmechanic, I too work in maintenance, and I get very frustrated with the cowboys they are hiring these days that call themselves drivers. I think back many years ago when I had this Fire hydraunt dart out in front of me. That was 18 years ago and I've been accident free ever since. Later Don
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Yep, I hear ya Don. I just received these pics from my supervisor. This truck was used to auger the holes in the ground for the poles, then sets the pole in the hole. The operator appears to have hit the primary wires with the pole jaws, and luckily jumped free of the truck to avoid any injury. I guess they have their cowboys on the electric side of our company too! Scary stuff.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

where there any explosive chems on that truck? What was in it that made it keep burning? was it just the electricity that burned it down? G (kewl pics BTW)
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Garry as far as I know the electricity did all the damage, which was arcing through it for about an hour and a half before the power was cutoff. I was told the mechanics on the call had to cut away alot of the bins because they had sagged down into the wheel wells and to transport it they needed the clearance.
Last edited by manicmechanic on July 5th, 2008, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrew10736

Post by andrew10736 »

amazing we have a few guys like this too..
--Andy

-------------------------------
Andrew Goodman

"The path to enlightenment is littered with the bodies of the ignorant"- Miyamoto Musashi (1580-1645)