Police Academy

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Police Academy

Post by carguy »

Congratulations and best of luck. Include me in the PM where you'll be working...just in case I ever need to use a little pull ;D
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

ok guys, my first shift on the road starts tonight! quite honestly I'm a bit scared (but don't tell anyone)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Police Academy

Post by normsutton »

Trent

you will do just fine

BEST OF LUCK

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Police Academy

Post by carguy »

So how did it go!!

Come on Trent...you can't tease us like that and not come back to give us the lowdown!!!

:'(
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by garry »

Trent ? Where are you? Are you duct taped to your new locker, Rookie?
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

sorry It's hard adapting to a 12 hour night shift. I had been checking the board but didn't have enough energy to type anything :D

Not a lot has happened in the past two days (It was raining and the day shift caused a lot of ruckus and scared all the thugs so the night shift was quiet.) I got to respond to several domestic disputes (nothing of particular intrest)

What was cool though (on my first night) we raided an abandoned house that is commonly used by homeless addicts and hookers, no one was there at the time, but It was good training (room clearing) and I got to see what is quite possibly one of the most nasty buildings I've ever set foot in (Old food, clothes, roaches, condoms, rot, strange smells and general unpleasantness)

as for the practical joking, there is quite a lot here (fun bunch of officers) Although I started in full force (I'm not a shy person and joke around right back) They only have gotten me good once so far
when they asked me to check out something on the front bumper, when I bent down to check they turned on the siren

I feel it building to something larger, because I keep out thinking and avoiding their pranks.
Last edited by trent on June 23rd, 2008, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Police Academy

Post by carguy »

Glad you were able to post back...good luck, stay alert to both the bad guys and the good guys ::)

Keep us posted.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

Image tis me

oh and by the way, I'm using my P64 as a backup
Last edited by trent on June 24th, 2008, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by garry »

Hey Trent ! Sharp Looking uniform! Way To Go!!! You have come a long way since last year !!! We are all very proud of you !!!
"Sounds " like you should also wear HEARING protection ! haha
That house that you described above is one of the many bad places to keep your wits about you in. Did it get scary? or did you keep steady nerves and stay in good control? I hate going places like that. Hell, I avoid the city all together! (KCMO/KS) I admire your forward thinking and wish you the best. I hope someday i will drive thru your town. I will feel safer ! G
Have they issued you a rifle/shotgun? What kind of car do you get? I had to supply all of my own gear and weapons as a security guard. We drank alot after work back then. It helped to steady the nerves after a long day of counting hubcaps and checking door handles.
Last edited by garry on June 24th, 2008, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

once we went in the door, training clicked and before I knew it the house was clear,

They are in the process of getting ar15's for all the officers, shotguns are available to put in the patrol cars (I don't have a car yet since I'm with my field training officer) All the cars are crown vic's but I heard the chief is looking into chargers (it's all about the budget though)
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by grayfox »

I,m proud of you man. I would have hired you in a Fla. minute.... :)
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Police Academy

Post by carguy »

Looking good man!! :-* :-*

What is your issue sidearm? I see an empty tube looking thing on your left side...baton maybe? No colapsable ones?

Does the shaved head let you run faster...less wind resistence?? :P

Stay safe. 8-)
Last edited by carguy on June 25th, 2008, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

Glock 22 .40 cal, The colapsable baton (asp) they issued me was broken and I hand't gotten my new one yet when the pic was taken.

sometimes stick my head out of the window to give the car alittle more drag when we are driving fast.

We may actually be going to .45 glocks sometime in the near future, so I'm looking forward to that.
Last edited by trent on June 26th, 2008, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by himmel »

So where's the P64? Ankle??
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

I keep it in my the strap that connects the front and back parts of the vest (thanks to the clipdraw) so it's more or less like having a shoulder holster (under the armpit)