what to buy next?

Info, pictures, advice...
dwd

what to buy next?

Post by dwd »

I think I am going to try and start a collection of 9X18 guns. I am wanting to start out cheap and work my way up to more expensive guns. I started with a PA-63 first, then I bought a P-64 now I am looking for another gun. What should I get next. A Bulgy Mak, CZ 82-CZ 83? Any ideas?
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

what to buy next?

Post by trent »

cz82 would probably be next up on the price list (and they are awesome)
dwd

what to buy next?

Post by dwd »

where is the best place (online) to buy a cz82?
dwd

what to buy next?

Post by dwd »

Okay, I'm back. Like I said in my original post I am starting a collection of 9x18s. I currently have a PA-63, p-64, cz-82, and a Russian Mak. What next?
I have a little extra cash right now so I am thinking the EG Mak? What else? Where is the best place to get one? I've had a lot of luck lately on the boards getting good quality stuff, I was hoping to pick something up there.
electross

what to buy next?

Post by electross »

I don't know, if your like me, it will depend on what you stumble across. I was looking for a Bulgarian Makarov and came across a E German for a little more then what I was prepared for because Bulgarians are a little cheaper. Still in search for a real nice Bulgarian I came across my first P64. Had to have it. Then came across a Bulgarian. Much later I'm looking for another P64 because I like them so much that I then came across a real fine un-used Bulgarian for 250.00. So for me, it usually is pure chance on what I can come across. I live near Aim so I just drove there and bought one of those while they had them for 299.00. I like the element of surprise. :)
electross

what to buy next?

Post by electross »

Ooops, sorry. My last sentenance was suppose to be about a CZ 82. Shows what happens to a guy when he's interrupted at work while on the computer. Search and have fun dwd. ;D
garda77

what to buy next?

Post by garda77 »

SMC 918.
dwd

what to buy next?

Post by dwd »

electross
I know what you mean. What usually gets me in trouble is while I am looking for one gun I'll find two or three others that I would like to have and, of course, I "can't" let them go for that cheap and before you know it I've blown my fun budget.

I am looking into these SMC 918s. Where is the best place to get one?
weetabix

what to buy next?

Post by weetabix »

I got my SMC 918 on gunbroker. It's the only one I've seen. But I don't haunt the trader sections of the boards, either.

I think Norm's BR-61 looks kind of neat. I can't work up the desire for an RK-59 because I've read that the frames crack.

Given your "have" list, I'd probably go for the Bulgie Mak next. Or maybe a Chinese Model 59.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

what to buy next?

Post by carguy »

Definitely a Mak...an EG Makarov or Russian in the best condition you can afford. No more are coming into the US and prices are on the rise! CZ82 is a great pistol but I think the price will stay level for a while and more seem to keep showing up every once in a while. Both are C&R so supplies are will continue to dry up faster than the SMC and the like.
electross

what to buy next?

Post by electross »

dwd,
Not sure where to find a SMC 918, I'd go with carguys recommendation. Search for a E.German Mak and if something else suits you ,,,,go for it. I wouldn't mind finding a SMC 918 myself. You don't have to look real hard for a E.German Mak, Cole Distributing has them for about 300.00. There's another guy in New Mexico called Black Bear Arms, he has them for the same price as Cole. Or part of the fun is the search. Kind of like looking for a wife isn't it! You can shop around or just order one. ;D Man if my wife read this I would be dead. ;D ;D ;D
dwd

what to buy next?

Post by dwd »

Thanks for the advice guys. I was leaning towards an EG Mak anyway but now I would kind of like to have a smc 918. I am still looking for the perfect CCW. I have an AP22 that I really like and I'll bet the smc 918 is very similar.
I don't "have" to buy right now but if I'm not careful my "extra" money turns into gas in the tank and dinner and a movie. Which I am not opposed to either but if I buy the gun, at the end of the day I still have something to hold, even if I don't like it.