Which weighs more?

Info, pictures, advice...
dwd

Which weighs more?

Post by dwd »

Which weighs more (fully loaded, chamber empty) the p-64 or the PA-63?
I wore my new cargo shorts today with the p-64 in the side pocket and that's not going to work, too heavy. feels like a club in the pocket and constantly pulling my shorts down. I'm not too worried about printing because I don't think that most people notice or know what it is.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
garda77

Which weighs more?

Post by garda77 »

The P64 weighs roughly a pound and a half loaded compared to the PA63 which is about 1.6 lbs, so the P64 would actually be lighter. You would be better off going with a decent IWB holster, pocket carry isn't a very quick way to access your gun.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Which weighs more?

Post by blinddog »

dwd. try a clip draw for your P-64 or PA-63. East to install and cost about $25 bucks and I think thats with shipping. I can't remember the address but if you will type in clipdraw.com you got it. :)
dwd

Which weighs more?

Post by dwd »

I have a clipdraw to install on one of my p-64s, I just haven't decided to whether to put it on one with the spring change or without. I guess it doesn't matter, I could always change the springs later.
I just got an IWB holster for my PA-63, haven't even tried it out yet.
I really wasn't too worried about quick access from pocket carry. I just like the idea of having it with me, on my person, instead of back at home in the safe. Since I am 45 years old and I have never been in a situation where I needed a weapon, comfort is going to be a higher priority than quick access.
dwd

Which weighs more?

Post by dwd »

Oh yeah, thanks for the comments/input/info.
donnerwetter58

Which weighs more?

Post by donnerwetter58 »

I had the same weight question so I dug out the digital scale and came up with these figures.
Without magazines the PA-63 weighs 19.4 oz and the P-64 weighs 19.8 oz. With empty mags the PA-63 is 20.8 oz and the P-64 is 21.4 oz. Loaded (full mag + 1 in chamber, 94 grain bullets) the PA-63 is 23.6 oz and the P-64 is 23.8 oz.
For comparison a CZ-82 is 25.2 with no mag, 27.8 with an empty mag and 32.2 loaded. An S&W 2" model 36 is 19.5 empty and about 21.8 loaded.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Which weighs more?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

donnerwetter58,
Great info and really appreciated, thanks for going the extra mile.
G.R.