CARE PACKAGE FOR U.S. SOLDIER

Info, pictures, advice...
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

+1 Carguy! That is an awesome package, and he sent a nice note along with it from the guys at the P-64 board.I hope to get a response from him soon.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Speaking of notes, here's a copy of the note sent along with the package. It was very similar to the one sent along with Bartos' first package. The envelope was labeled MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS!

HELLO AARON,
ALL OF US HERE AT THE P-64 FORUM WISH YOU WELL, AND HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU AND YOUR FELLOW SOLDIERS WILL RETURN HOME SOON SAFE AND VICTORIOUS!!
WE HOPE YOU CAN ENJOY THESE SNACKS AND OTHER ITEMS WE SENT YOU AND THAT THEY WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU HAVE MANY FOLKS BACK IN THE USA PULLING FOR YOU. IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO SNAP SOME PICS OF YOU AND YOUR GROUP ENJOYING SOME OF THESE SNACKS AND OTHER ITEMS, AND SEND THEM TO TIM, THAT WOULD BE GREAT!! WE’LL POST SOME OF THEM AT THE FORUM SO THE REST OF THE GROUP CAN SEE THEM ALSO.
GOD BLESS, HOPE THIS MAKES IT TO YOU, BE SAFE!!!!
SINCERELY,

ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AT
The Unofficial P-64 Resource Message Board
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Here are a couple of pics of the contents of Bartos' package, since he seems to be pretty busy kickin some Taliban ass over there in the STAN!

grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

+1 :)
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Still waiting to hear something from Aaron, the recipient of the 2nd care package. I did, however, speak to his Dad in Oregon who told me that about the time of his last email to me on Dec. 30th, he talked to Aaron and he told his Dad he wouldn't be able to call him for a little while. First of all, I took that as really good news, because the 2nd to last time I got an email from him, he cut it short because of incoming. :( ??? So as soon as I hear something from him, I will get pics from him and get them posted here. From what manicmechanic said, the package should get there anytime. 8-) Can't wait to see his eyes bug out at such a fabulous gift from the guys on this forum. including the Bartos care package, this is my 2nd package, and it was a blast to be apart of. Talk to you all soon.
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hello,
I want to thank you everybody for your support. I've just pick up another package from manicmechanic with dry beef - thanks
In my shop thread I've just add some pictures for you.
Greetings from Afghanistan
bartos

PS.
If you have such a possibility please say hello to Aaron from me.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Hello,
I want to thank you everybody for your support. I've just pick up another package from manicmechanic with dry beef - thanks
In my shop thread I've just add some pictures for you.
Greetings from Afghanistan
bartos

PS.
If you have such a possibility please say hello to Aaron from me.
Yes Sir! I gave him your mailing address in Afghanistan and told him you were in the Airborne as well. :) For everyone, I talked to his mother yesterday, and she did talk to Aaron for a very short call this last week. He has not contacted me yet, but he may not be able to right now for some reason. I asked her to tell Aaron we are all anxiously awaiting a chin dropping response from him soon and to contact me whenever he could. Mom was really happy that you guys sent a package to him, she said it would mean so much to him. She said the westerns I picked and sent to manic mechanic to be thrown in the package, and the gun magazines manic confiscated from his buddy would be much appreciated because there is so much down time, and it keeps his mind off some of the bad stuff going on around him. I am glad to hear the 2nd package to Bartos061 arrived, I'm sure we will be hearing something soon on the other. ;)
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

"The Eagle Has Landed"! He got it today!!! Whoo Hoo! He has already shared it with his unit. He gave me another email that will work a lot better he said than the gmail from before. He said even though it is cold there, he has been very busy. And he has not gotten a good chance to get on the net for weeks. I asked him to send off an email for the forum with hopefully some pics. We are waiting for that my friend. ;)
Gotmak
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Good deal!!, I was getting a little concerned with the delay. Give him our best!
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Aaron has been very busy lately and is now on slow measured Internet. I have to get rid of my backgrounds and smilies so he can open the emails. :P However he shot me two pics of him and a buddy with some items from the package. I can tell what Aaron really wanted from the package... :-/ :-/ :D. Be safe fella's and get back when you are done over there.
P.S. Man don't you think his buddy looks young??? Kids ;D

gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Aaron arrived back to Ft. Bragg to the home of the 82nd Airborne on the 11th of May. He as well as several others went out and bought cars to get around in. In his case, he got one that will get him there faster than anyone else's. He was thankful to get back to the States, and I wish him continued favor in all his endeavors. Thanks again for sharing your prayers and contributions to the care package you sent around last Christmas. 8-)
Gotmak
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Great news gotmak, hope the boys don't give him any tickets to the ball on his way home!!
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Man! Youth, he got a GTO and his friend has a nice "altered" Mustang. Both screamers. He sent me a short clip of him in front of their apt. or wherever he was. Has a Corvette 400 HP engine and a bullet proof 6 speed manual tranny...we will see about that! He will be going through tires, clutches & money! Enjoy your time off.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
gotmak 8-)
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Aah the good ole days, premium leaded gas fumes in the air, N-78-15's melting to the pavement, wide open headers, and 8-tracks flying out of the tape decks from the g-force of launching off the line. Damn, miss em too, doncha?

gotmak, just noticed your note below your av, I'm slowly catching up to you on your 9by18 count, I'm up to VII.
Last edited by manicmechanic on May 13th, 2008, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

manicmechanic wrote:...gotmak, just noticed your note below your av, I'm slowly catching up to you on your 9by18 count, I'm up to VII.
(2) more and you will have me! I am stopping with my modest collection. Desire is there, but money for quite some time is going to be slim pickin's. I am very happy with the one's I have at present. :) The next purchase will be some ammo, I'm under 1K, been having too much fun shooting with friends and family. 8-)