Walmart ID Plans

Info, pictures, advice...
crzbiker

Walmart ID Plans

Post by crzbiker »

Did any of you heard of Walmart's plans to photo ID anyone that buys a gun in their stores? Apparently a group of super left mayors has convinced them that this will reduce crime. What a crock. The crooks will steal the guns from Walmart if they want them. I think that Walmart has been working much to close with the Chinese commies lately,if they think this is an accectable idea in America. :(
Instigator/Conservative Underground
michaelap

Walmart ID Plans

Post by michaelap »

simple action buy it and the ammo elsewhere
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Walmart ID Plans

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I agree with michaelap, nothing is a stronger motivator than the loss of profit to any merchandiser. If it comes to moving merchandise or photographing buyers I'm sure that Walmart will step back in line. I also suggest that every one pass the word around the INTERNET gun boards, if the PR is bad enough Walmart may just decide to drop the idea completely. I know it would stop me from buying anything from them just the way I refuse to do business with Pay Pal, Craig's list or Ebay.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on April 20th, 2008, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

Walmart ID Plans

Post by barnett3006 »

Read this a few days ago: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24114145/

To quote a few things from the story.

Creating a record and alert system to record when a gun sold at Wal-Mart is later used in a crime. If the purchaser of that gun later tries to buy another gun at Wal-Mart, the system would alert the sales clerk of the prior buy and could refuse to make the sale.
Who, exactly is going to inform Wal-Mart that a gun that was purchased at Wal-Mart was used in a crime? Unless the BATFE is going to allow Wal-Mart to tap into the computer system that processes firearms tracing requests I really don't see how this could possibly work.

I like this one....
Expanding background checks of employees who handle guns and expanding inventory controls.
Soooo.........they don't do this already? LOL...what kind of additional background check do they need to pass before they can handle guns at Wal-Mart?

As Michael Bloomberg put it...
“We didn’t pressure them, they’re doing it because they think it’s the responsible thing to do,”
But then the story goes on to say...
Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer, had previously tried to establish a store in New York City but failed.
How convenient...I wonder if Wal-Mart will have anymore trouble building that new store. :o

Anyways...I will gladly not buy guns or ammo from Wal-Mart anymore, and if any other gun retailers join Bloomberg's "Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership" I will gladly not buy guns or ammo from them either.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Walmart ID Plans

Post by beasleydano »

+1 with barnett3006. You have to hit them in the pocketbook to get them to pay attention. It is not enough to not buy guns and ammo from them. If you want their attention you have to not buy anything from them. And let them know why.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Walmart ID Plans

Post by normsutton »

+2 with barnett

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Walmart ID Plans

Post by anjdrifter »

+++++++++++++++++++++ buy else where .. simple solution
to answer a dumb idea and insult to rights.. who are they to institute this program ...if it catches on and doesnt impede the profit curve it will spread to other venues... personally no lost at all didnt think they were great any way...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Walmart ID Plans

Post by papabear »

+4

Stopped buying ammo from them over two years ago here, it was hard to get anyone to wait on you much less know what the heck you were asking for anyway, and for me their prices back then were not all that great on what I wanted, my dealer beats their price most of the time anyway. I have never bought a gun from them for mostly the same reason as above plus they don't much there anyway. If they went belly up, which I doubt they will, I couldn't care less. We have even stopped shopping for groceries there, you get use to buying a certain item and a month later they don't carry it anymore or its a different type or flavor, etc, etc, I spend a little more at other stores but at least I can get what I want.

When you start kissing the governments a*s in favor of the almighty dollar and start pi**ing on the customers & empolyee's, as far as I am concerned they can kiss my grits and up their hole with a tootsie roll.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on April 21st, 2008, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
donnerwetter58

Walmart ID Plans

Post by donnerwetter58 »

The Walmarts around here don't carry guns any more. When asked why the reply was very few sales. When they did have something, the price was usually good compared to the other retailers around.
They still carry ammo and their prices usually beat everyone else.
No ID requirements for ammo so I still buy from them if they have what I need.
crzbiker

Walmart ID Plans

Post by crzbiker »

This morning I sent an email to Walmart Feedback telling them of my feelings about their policy and what my neighbors and friends think. Although they are less expensive, I think I have "to put my money where my mouth is" and use other suppliers.
Instigator/Conservative Underground
ourbigbluehouse

Walmart ID Plans

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

Walmart has stopped gun sales in my area as well. The last time I bought ammo the sales person knew nothing about what I was looking for. She only had the keys and basically said "find for yourself what you want." Goes along with their buyer beware policies.
butch50

Walmart ID Plans

Post by butch50 »

I haven't been in a Walmart in a long time - I don't like that they put Mom and Pop stores out of business. Now I will never darken their door for yet another reason.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Walmart ID Plans

Post by anjdrifter »

as I stated before simple stop buying from them .. here no guns and ammo prices are no better the mom and pop places. plusa few monthes ago when I needed some ammo in different area and didnt have local guy around I went to wally world and asked for some 38 spl. the clerk handed me 38+P (all they had) I asked if she knew difference got blank stare and answer she was dept manager but didnt know anything about ammo duh scary isnt it.. what if I had run a 100 thru and older light frame...
rmeron

Walmart ID Plans

Post by rmeron »

My area Wal-mart requires a pistol permit to buy certain types of ammo.So if you have a nice 9mm carbine and no pistol permit you are SHOL.
ourbigbluehouse

Walmart ID Plans

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

If you don;t like Wal-mart, there a place to get more "ammo" against them. Go to your local video store and check out the documentary video that was done on them. One ex wally employee tells how they would drive through a town saying "6 mons.. 12 mons" about the life of the stores in town. Check it out and believe me you'll shop at K- Mart or the mom and pops. Their practices are bordering on brutal slave labor.