Great finding "CARBON 15"

Use this section for all other firearms
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hi,
Today I made awesome finding.
Near the trash container in our base I found - lower receiver from Carbon-15 by Bushmaster. I don't know why somebody trow this away. It is in very good condition. It had some rust on metal parts but after cleaning there is no anymore. what is more I put some "krylon" paint on it and now look almost like new.

So now I'm going to rebuilt this weapon. Maby someone has some AR-15 parts for sale. In Poland this kind of weapon is extremely rare and there is no possibility to buy any parts. so I will appreciate any help.
I still can't believe in this that it is possible to find something like this.
Greetings from Afghanistan
Bartos
Last edited by bartos061 on March 17th, 2008, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Bartos!! Nice to hear from you. I hope all is well. You find the darndest things in the trash in a war zome!! That is going to make a nice firearm.

Keep your head down and stay safe!!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

wow, that's neat
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

Bartos,

Glad to know you are well! Neat find to!
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hey Bartos, It looks like you are just missing a stock set, upperbarrel assembly, bolt, and a couple pins? The AR-15 type rifle is very modular and almost any AR parts will work on it. I don't know what the laws are in Poland, so I don't know what you will be able to import. Here is the Bushmaster website: http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_parts ... _index.asp
There are links to all parts and a diagram to show you what parts you will need. I shot a Bushmaster XM-15 a few days ago and they are very accurate little rifles. With a scope, I shot two 1" groups in the wind at 100 yards pretty easily.
Perhaps Afghanistan has lesser import/export laws and you can mail that home to Poland? Maybe you can ask for more parts there in Afganistan and send them ahead also? Whatever you are able to do , Stay within the laws of both places. Parts are made in China also for the M16/AR15 type rifles. Perhaps they have import agreements?
Good Luck and feel free to ask more Questions about this gun as there are several here that have them, and I am sure they can tell you exactly what parts you will need. Also, Ask and American G.I. , They may have some extras they no longer need. I have seen Claro Walnut Stocks for the AR15 and they are beautiful and make it look like the meanest rifle i have seen. My next door neighbor has the Bushmaster XM-15 so if there are any questions about how to spend $$'s to make your's look "fancy", I can ask him for you. haha.
Great to see you posting again! Please be cautious and Come home safe ! Garry
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hi,
Thank you Garry, I've tried find this website but I couldn't. Thanks
I tried to sign in but unfortunately they accepted only US addresses. This is strange cause they can sell almost everything abroad. I send them an E-mail with question about APO address shipping and we will see :o
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

I've just buy AR grip for my new toy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=ADME

After few e-mails with seller about shipment I was completely shocked by his last message:

"Bartosz,
I just finished mailing off the grip to your APO. There will be no charge. It's my privilege to send it to you. Thanks for your military service.
Take care, "
:'(
I have no idea how to thank him so here and now:
I want to thank you John for this :-* :-* :-*
I really appreciate :'( :-* :-* :-*
I think that this is the best place to do this, let people(my friends) know about you.
Once more thank You :-*
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

That is pretty cool Bartos! I sent an email to my BIL and I'll see what else we can come up with for you.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Bartos tell us the name of that supplier when you receive the parcel. I didn't see any reference on the ebay thread. I emailed him myself through ebay to thank him for taking care of one of our own.

If he sells anything that I need then I will certainly patronize someone who takes care of our defenders of freedom!! 8-)
Last edited by carguy on March 17th, 2008, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.