P-64 at SOG

Info, pictures, advice...
donnerwetter58

P-64 at SOG

Post by donnerwetter58 »

The March flyer from SOG has the P-64 listed once again.
Described as "good condition" at $169.95.
torpeau

P-64 at SOG

Post by torpeau »

The March flyer from SOG has the P-64 listed once again.
Described as "good condition" at $169.95.
Not too tempting when you can get a P-64 in excellent condition for $165 at
http://mcsfirearms.com/
The two I got from them were excellent.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 at SOG

Post by carguy »

Not to hold anything against anyone but SOG has a history of supplying product that doesn't quite live up to their description. Their grading is suspect. You may recall conversations and threads criticizing the M1 Garrands they had/have and the absolutely terrible condition they were in. I know of many forum posters (from other forums) that ordered them and couldn't ship them back fast enough due to the terrible condition. SOG was very good about the returns but why play like that if you don't have to.

They also have Star BMs listed for $189. This price is good (not great for most of the country) but again the condition you'll receive makes it questionable as well. These may be very nice project pistols for refinishing etc...believe me if I had the ability in Mass to pick another one up I would!
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 at SOG

Post by anjdrifter »

To add to this I had bought and caused to have bought a large number of things from sog then I got a P64 that was really bad shape really looked beat up , this was when they were calling em excellant while they said they would take it back .... the shipping and another transfer made that a terrible choice they just didnt seem to care... guess who doesnt buy there any more.
the upside is found a lot of different suppliers.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 at SOG

Post by papabear »

+1 with carguy and anjdifter,

I don't do business with them any more either, especially since they started hiding prices from the public and only for dealers, and I have had my problems with them too. For anyone that has had good experiences with them I'm happy for you, but I won't go back to them.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on March 6th, 2008, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
redfestiva

P-64 at SOG

Post by redfestiva »

In another forum I read a few posts about guys that bought bulk quantities of ammo from SOG at the quoted price only to have their credit cards charged a higher amount. When they called to complain they were told that their prices are subject to change without notice and that they would be happy to give a refund it they'd return it at buyers shipping expense and minus a restocking fee. Needless to say these guys won't be returning customers. I live close enough to drive to SOG so I will still go their to get the Hungarian MFS + P for about $9
donnerwetter58

P-64 at SOG

Post by donnerwetter58 »

Sorry about all the horror stories.
My first P-64 was from them and I have no complaints. That is the only firearm I've bought from them. Their ammo has been no problem either.
While I don't need another P-64, I wouldn't mind a few more magazines. SOG has magazines once again for $9.95. I'll pick up 4 tomorrow and report back.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 at SOG

Post by grayfox »

I've gotten real picky, if I can't see it & hold it...I don't buy it. 8-)
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 at SOG

Post by anjdrifter »

on the plus side it did teach me how to refinish with aluma-hyde
dont have the before it was so ugly it broke the camera but here is an after shot.

they had once sent my order to a dealer in another state by their error ok that happens but had to wait to that dealer sent the guns back to them before they credited my card back.
donnerwetter58

P-64 at SOG

Post by donnerwetter58 »

I just went to SOG and picked up four P-64 magazines. They are all numbered. They are in excellent condition if not unused. The bodies are excellent, the springs are clean and the followers don't have a mark on them. Not bad for $9.95 each.
Get them soon as the supply is limited.
electross

P-64 at SOG

Post by electross »

donnerwetter, I'm located in SW Ohio also, did'nt know you could go to SOG and pick up items retail? Or do you have an FFL? I know they are located in Lebanon, just didn't think retail available
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 at SOG

Post by papabear »

on the plus side it did teach me how to refinish with aluma-hyde
dont have the before it was so ugly it broke the camera but here is an after shot.

they had once sent my order to a dealer in another state by their error ok that happens but had to wait to that dealer sent the guns back to them before they credited my card back.

anjdrifter,

I remember that P-64 you got from SOG, it was pure ugly, but now it looks great, especially with those Zee grips....... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
saands

P-64 at SOG

Post by saands »

Over the years I've gotten quite a few things from SOG and have been happy with all but a P64 that had a malfunctioning safety ... they had me ship it back (on their nickel) and promptly replaced it with a good one. That being said, I recently saw their "British" Martini-Henry antiques on sale ... they had some Brit conversions to 303 that really had me excited, but when I started looking into them, I found a LOT of info that points to them NOT being original British and not even being actual antiques. Now they have bought a bunch of these rifles of questionable origin so they don't have ANYTHING to gain from believing that they are fakes, so there is a pretty big conflict of interest, but all the literature says that the real 303 conversions are safe to shoot so I'm sure that if they are not well-made fakes that someone somewhere is gonna end up hurt ... and that really tweaks me.

Saands
redfestiva

P-64 at SOG

Post by redfestiva »

electross,
I've went there a few times to buy ammo and magazines. They told me to phone my order in so that it is ready when I get there. I have no FFL. You cannot look around at anything there. You must know what you want by checking what they have on the internet or calling to ask. I have not purchased a firearm there though so I don't know the procedure of that.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 at SOG

Post by normsutton »

saands

I have bought in the past , but won't any more because of the MH fakes they are selling

Centerfire Systems was doing the same but been warned that they were fakes and quickly put sold out on them

these guns are know as KP's or Khyber Pass they are fake and they do Enfield's too some have shown up on http://www.gunbroker.com/

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage