Police Academy

Use this section for all other firearms
barnett3006

Police Academy

Post by barnett3006 »

I dont like glocks either and will never own one.

Having said that, with the grossly over sized chambers and from the design/angle of the feed ramp that are incorporated into the design of the pistol there is no reason why steel cased ammo (or aluminum cased for that matter) wouldn't work just as well as brass ammo.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

yea I've never been much of a glock fan but it's alot easier to qualify with one than a weapon with a double action trigger. and because my friend offered to lend it to me I wasn't going to pass it up.

almost everyone in my class is carrying some form of glock (most issued from their own agency) us pre-service folks have to supply our own. The only other weapon in our class are two people who have .40 baretta's.

I've gained a new respect for the glock as a service weapon, but it doesn't seem practical for every day carry (just my take on it) take that as saying I wouldn't buy one, but if one is issued to me I won't complain (I'd probably only use it as a duty weapon though)
Last edited by trent on February 17th, 2008, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by himmel »

I'm just a contrarian I guess--if everyone else was carrying Glocks, I would probably make sure to carry something different! LOL! I really do like my milsurps, though, contrariness aside...
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

week 4 of 11 done, not a lot exciting to report (mostly lectures this week) but next week is FIREARMS WEEK!!! which I am greatly looking forward to.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Police Academy

Post by carguy »

Hang in there...have fun...BE CAREFUL!

8-)
protector

Police Academy

Post by protector »

Congratulations Trent, make us proud!!
Aim small,hit small...
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

Well tomorrow starts week # 8 "Defensive Tactics week" and I have been unfortunately informed that during this week "everyone" has to get pepper sprayed, regardless if I've done it before... well I got to do what I got to do... but the rest of the week should be fun. (throwing people around and such)
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by himmel »

I've seen that "pepper spray" drill, looks ugly but everyone survived... Good luck!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

well I'm getting it tomorrow, they are doing it different than how I got it last time so It shouldn't be as terriable.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by blinddog »

You are the man trent. I know that you are gonna be good at your job, thumbs up. :) :)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

Thanks, (I'll update later, b/c my skin is burning and I want to be someplace cool now.)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

hey guys, long time no post (he he post, that's the acronym for the police academy...) after the pepper spray I was burning and miserable. It wasn't as bad as last time, mainly due to being sprayed with "foam" instead of a "fogger" which didn't affect my respiration nearly as much (just burned like the dickens)

Last week we had EVOC (Emergency vehicle operations course, or something to that nature) which consisted of 3 tests, Skids, braking and the dreaded cone course. All of which I ended up passing (although I was so nervious on the cone course that I was shaking after I got out of the car)

The most fun part was the skid course; consisting of asphalt laced with some sort of silicone (or something else slick) being continually sprayed with 4 fire hoses as you drive on it in a car with no tread on your back tires and you have to keep yourself from spinning out... FUN I was laughing nearly the whole time during the practices (although during testing I had to act more professionally)

This week is our final week, where until today we have been doing paperwork and taking some of the most boring classes. Today we did some tactical shooting and he let us carry some of our personal weapons as well, having not shot the p64 in a while I brought it and it actually was as accurate if not more than the glock I was using prior (I'd never compared the two) needless to say I had fun. We graduate on Friday and although I will miss it I'm really looking forward to getting a full nights sleep for once in 3 months.

oh and while I don't have access to them now I will have some pics and vids to show eventually
Last edited by trent on April 16th, 2008, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Police Academy

Post by normsutton »

Trent

We graduate on Friday and although I will miss it

why are you going to miss it

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Police Academy

Post by trent »

free range time, driving fast, and the class has gotten pretty close
doyle

Police Academy

Post by doyle »

free range time, driving fast, and the class has gotten pretty close
You should get all of that when you join a department.