Dennis's grips

Info, pictures, advice...
rmeron

Dennis's grips

Post by rmeron »

Are The grips from Dennis one or two piece?
gotmak

Dennis's grips

Post by gotmak »

Both. Mine are a two piece set, earlier one's were 1 piece. Now there have been some modifications to pin the two separate pieces through the backstrap. This thread link is page three of a 5 page thread that has all the info you need. You can go to his website for more info. You will see that link in there as well.

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 353&page=3
rmeron

Dennis's grips

Post by rmeron »

Which in anyone's opinion is the stronger of the two styles?
gotmak

Dennis's grips

Post by gotmak »

I like the two piece, but wouldn't mind at all a dowel in between the two halves that would stabilize them. However, mine have not given me any trouble, so I am not going to fix what isn't broke. Dennis is really busy right now, so you should expect a longer waiting period, but it is worth the wait for his prices and craftsmanship.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Dennis's grips

Post by papabear »

+1 with gotmak, I have both types, the one piece set broke at the top of the back strap at the top which Dennis replaced [free], since then Dennis has made modifications to correct that problem. When my first set broke over a year ago and he replaced it, I asked if he could make them in a two piece set and he did, and I have not had any problems since, they stay tight, with no movement at all. I did repair my first set using Gorilla glue and they have performed without a problem since then. You'll have to look close, but you can see the repair at the top of the back strap on the set I repaired, I have probably shot 500 rds or more with these grips without incident, I use them for go and the other set for show. I have bought other grips from Dennis since all this happened without any problems.

papagbear
POINT SHOOTER
torpeau

Dennis's grips

Post by torpeau »

+1 with gotmak, I have both types, the one piece set broke at the top of the back strap at the top which Dennis replaced [free], since then Dennis has made modifications to correct that problem.
As of a month or two ago, his P-64 grips have been trouble-free.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark