Wolf Ammunition in Iraq?

Use this section for all other firearms
commandercob

Wolf Ammunition in Iraq?

Post by commandercob »

A local gun store is refusing to carry Wolf ammunition because the company might (probably is) selling ammunition to the insurgency directly. I was just wondering if anyone might chime in with more reliable evidence.

My own brief internet research didn't really lead me anywhere, except that a few people say that the American military itself uses Wolf ammo. For some reason I doubt this, but I've been known to be wrong.

I've been planning on buying some bulk ammo and had decided on new Wolf polymer coated ammuntion, but if this information is justified I might rethink my purchase.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Wolf Ammunition in Iraq?

Post by normsutton »

commandercob
one can only hope that's the ammo our enemies are using against us

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
commandercob

Wolf Ammunition in Iraq?

Post by commandercob »

HAHA, makes me wonder how many of those robes get shredded up to use as gun patches. Well I hope the Greater Putin Empire is not selling directly, but America's record on arms dealing isn't the cleanest either.

In either case I might rethink my ammo purchase, it just seems that prices are really up right now and most Silver Bear has dried up. Except for JGSales I found no Silver Bear at any decent price.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wolf Ammunition in Iraq?

Post by nbender »

How in the heck did the gun store come up with that one. If there was any kind of direct trace on where the "insurgency" gets ammo that would be wonderful. I don't think we've been able to learn that much yet. You may ask him for his source of info.

Gun stores are the center of the universe for knowledge.
commandercob

Wolf Ammunition in Iraq?

Post by commandercob »

I'm not entirely sure but I believe a couple of their employees have been stationed in Iraq. This is one of those new "hip" family outdoor activity centers, actually a very nice one for being out here in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.patriotoutdoors.com/

The link is just for kicks and advertisement. I wouldn't put it past the current Russian administration that some arms dealing doesn't occur under the table. As for Wolf Co. being the sole perpetrator in the issue, I do seriously doubt they would sell directly. But, I'm not sure they are a private company or a "nationalized" capitalistic entity.
jakub66

Wolf Ammunition in Iraq?

Post by jakub66 »

If bad guys were using Wolf, it might have even come from our stores.
Friend of mine, who happends to be busy right now "Making Martyrs" in Bhagdad area,
had Wolf 7.62X39 provided to him in Afganistan during previous tour.
Unlike Iraq, our guys training locals in Afganistan are allowed to use alternate wepons.
Chinese AK, OD green uniform, and Toyota pickup truck did not scream "AMERICAN" from
the distance.