C&R License

Info, pictures, advice...
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

C&R License

Post by dolang1 »

I don't have a C&R because I know me, and sometimes I don't trust me. However I had a conversation today with the FFL that I always use. He said that if I ever wanted a firearms liscense of any kind, I need to get it before the Hildabeast gets in. Does anyone else share his concern? Later Don
saands

C&R License

Post by saands »

I don't share that concern ... 01FFL's might get tougher, but there are SO few 03FFLs out there and we have proved to be a VERY low maintenance, orderly, and rule following crowd that I think we pretty much fly WAAAAY below the radar.

That's just my $0.02 though and I could be WAY wrong!

Saands
spyguy

C&R License

Post by spyguy »

Dolang1, I share your sentiment.

I've definitely increased my aquisitions in anticipation of that. I've also been considering a C&R.

Bobtx, Any chance you might have a link to the aplication?
Last edited by spyguy on January 25th, 2008, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

C&R License

Post by carguy »

Bob I do share your concern in that I fear for our way of life! Bill was one thing a horny, french fry eating smooth talker that allowed most of his staff to by pass the drug questions on their applications and back ground checks to work in the white house. Hildabeast is Karl Marx in a pant suit! She will take our money and our liberties and give them to everyone that doesn't have them nor will appreciate them...then come take more.

I'm scared to death!

John McCain is about the only one that can give her a fight with a chance to win...not that I'm a supporter of his but I truly believe it.

Buy...buy guns...buy many guns and buy them often for soon the government may make the rest of the nation act like Massachusetts...be very afraid!!!!! :'(
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

C&R License

Post by carguy »

Bob I do share your concern in that I fear for our way of life! Bill was one thing a horny, french fry eating smooth talker that allowed most of his staff to by pass the drug questions on their applications and back ground checks to work in the white house. Hildabeast is Karl Marx in a pant suit! She will take our money and our liberties and give them to everyone that doesn't have them nor will appreciate them...then come take more.

I'm scared to death!

John McCain is about the only one that can give her a fight with a chance to win...not that I'm a supporter of his but I truly believe it.

Buy...buy guns...buy many guns and buy them often for soon the government may make the rest of the nation act like Massachusetts...be very afraid!!!!! :'(
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

C&R License

Post by normsutton »

Don

I think I have to agree with you

spyguy

link to the application

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp

carguy

I am too

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on January 25th, 2008, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
bobtx

C&R License

Post by bobtx »

You can no longer download the application. They will not accept it. You have to order it online from the BATF directly. They get them out to you very quickly though. Be sure to order the "Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)" also. This must be sent in with the 03 Application.

Go to the link below. Click on the following to order:

F 5310.16 (F7CR) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)

Here is the link: http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

Bob
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

C&R License

Post by papabear »

I think its great if someone wants a C&R. I won't get one because the way I trade& sell from time to time, I'd get in troube if they wanted to check my records. Thats what I like about Knob Creek, privite sales, no record...no paperwork. Hell, everyone needs a throw-down. ;)

+1 with grayfox, you said it better than I did and with less than 50 words, you done good.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on January 25th, 2008, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
gringo

C&R License

Post by gringo »

Well, I sent in my application last October and my card was charged, it has been 3 months now. I sent an email to the national licensing center but got no response. Does anyone Know another way to check on the status of the application? I had heard it only took up to 2 months but maybe the holidays had something to do with it. Thanks.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

C&R License

Post by carguy »

Not to make matters worse but it took me 3 weeks to receive my license in the mail.

Wasn't there a phone number on the application for the office in Atlanta?
gringo

C&R License

Post by gringo »

thanks for rubbing it in, just kidding, i'll look for a number, my wife probably intercepted it.
fritzhund

C&R License

Post by fritzhund »

I sent in my application last Saturday and my credit card was charged on Thursday. I did not know about the certificate of compliance until I read Bob's post, so I just ordered it from the ATF.

Should I mail this in seperatly, or call them to tell them I forgot?

Any suggestions? ???

Thanks, Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
butch50

C&R License

Post by butch50 »

I had a C&R and used it. I let it lapse because I did not like the idea of records being kept.

I went to the Dallas gun show last month with a buddy - he purchased an sks. He was getting out his driver's license and chl to do the paper work when the guy told him no need - it was a private sell - no paperwork, none, nada, zip, zilch. That was an epiphany - we are all so used to the govt interference in our private lives that we nearly give it no thought anymore.

It reinforced why I gave up my C&R - we should not be required to do anything for the govt relative to a private transaction. Imagine if we had to do all the hoopla every time we bought food, or tools, or appliances.....
bobtx

C&R License

Post by bobtx »

I am in shock! I just picked up my C&R License at the Post Office! It only took them 23 days to get it in my hands.

Now I am in real trouble...........time to put a lock on the checking account!

Bob
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

C&R License

Post by himmel »

NOOOO, buy, buy, buy!! LOL! our gun shop here is looking real bare, they don't know whether it is Billary or Obambi causing the rush, but it's there nonetheless...