who are you?

Info, pictures, advice...
doyle

who are you?

Post by doyle »

Hey Roester, I was a Pork Chop too. When were you in Chop school? I was there Feb '85 - Aug '85. Then, went to the USS Paul (FF1080) in Mayport. I was RIF'd two years later and spent a few years in the reserves before getting out totally.
gotmak

who are you?

Post by gotmak »

....P.S.S. - quick story on the 1911. All of us aboard ship had to qualify with a .45 in order to stand watches. I was in charge of the cooks (Supply Officer) and had a Filipino Chief Petty Officer who basically ran everything. He was great (and a heckuva fisherman)...but he wasn't much of a shooter. I was about 175lbs back then and he was about 100lbs and the gun kind of overpowered him. He usually hit one and missed one. Anyway, they would set up the targets side by side on the fan tail (ass end of the ship) and we would have to put 7 out of 10 in the target to qualify. It was a piece of cake for me - like hitting a basketball from 20 feet. They always had two guys going at once so I made sure that me and Chief Arelano shot together. I would put my first seven in my target and then shoot his target with the last three. We always qualified. Luckily he never hit a "good day"...I don't know how we would have explained it if he hit 11 or 12 out of 10 shots.
Very funny, thanks for the giggle roester! :DHave a great New Year. 8-):D
roester

who are you?

Post by roester »

Yeah d...I went through Athens in 81 - shared a house with two other Suppos-to-be on the west side of town and had a big time. I was on the USS Saipan (LHA-2) first (Disbursing Officer), then was at the ASW training center in Norfolk. Then was Suppo on the USS Trippe (FF-1075) and then got riffed thanks to Ronny telling the Russians to "knock down this wall". What was he thinking? We had a good thing going! :-[
Last edited by roester on December 29th, 2007, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by trent »

yea, so your fairly close to the north Atlanta trade center, right? by the way I live in Fayette county and work at the Atl airport
cgs0409

who are you?

Post by cgs0409 »

My first post here...bought my first P64 today. Went out as soon as I got home and put 10 rounds thru it. Like ya'll say it's hard on the hands...I'll need to do a little work.

I'm 59, live in South Carolina by the banks of the mighty Broad River. My wife and I raise Quarter Horses and I am a project manager...to support the horse and gun habit. I'm a gun junkie that can't kick the habit...I'm also big into knives...so I'm doomed. My wife thinks I've lost what little mind I had...but she's still here so it can't be that bad.

I think I'm going to enjoy the P64...also have a Mak and a CZ 70 and 82.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by dolang1 »

cgs0409 It is a pleasure to be able to shoot at home.

I'm 58, live in Oklahoma City. I was involved with Quarter Horses about 25 years ago. Do the names Easy Jet or Extra Easy mean anything to you? I was a ranch hand for a year between careers. Now I run a welding shop for a Waste Co.

I'm lucky to have been married for 37 years. She still doesn't understand it but she still puts up with the gun craze. She gets a little testy when a gun goes off in the garage without her being warned in advance, that only happened once and I put that shotgun up forever. Later Don

qurater
maddogrecurve

who are you?

Post by maddogrecurve »

Im a 35 year old married man with two kids. I work as a lead operator in the Roll Wrap dept of Boise Paper Solutions.
Lived in Oregon all my life but still a transplant- (TEXAS) Yeah i know, im not a real Texan but what the heck.
Love the P-64, just shot it today for the first time, it's awesome.
I like to fish, bowhunt and make knives in my spare time!!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/m ... 2198d1.jpg
Last edited by maddogrecurve on January 9th, 2008, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobtx

who are you?

Post by bobtx »

Hey Dog,

Welcome! I have been in Texas since 1971. Unless you personally fought at the Alamo, you will never be a real Texan. We just learn to live with it. I live here because I chose to. I could live anywhere, but will never leave Texas.

Bob
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by himmel »

Hey, at least you two had the good sense to come here--and we can use more like you!
cgs0409

who are you?

Post by cgs0409 »

Amen on being able to shoot at home. My oldest son...he's also a gun junkie...and I have built a 100 yard range by the creek on the property. Next project is to build a covered shed to use as the shooting station. Hunting is good here also...deer, turkey, rabbit, fox, bobcat, etc.

Easy Jet...wasn't he a race horse? The name sounds familiar...I'll have to get out my books. Our mares are Skipper W and Impressive bloodlines. We had 7 but have gotten down to our 3 best mares...we'll use them to build the herd back. The drought we are in has really hurt the pastures around here and hay is out of sight. Luckly I started putting my winter hay up this past spring but have had to use it all along. We have enough to get us to summer. Pray for rain.

Keep in touch and it's always good to talk about horses. Even if they do eat when you sleep...

Charley

cgs0409 It is a pleasure to be able to shoot at home.

I'm 58, live in Oklahoma City. I was involved with Quarter Horses about 25 years ago. Do the names Easy Jet or Extra Easy mean anything to you? I was a ranch hand for a year between careers. Now I run a welding shop for a Waste Co.

I'm lucky to have been married for 37 years. She still doesn't understand it but she still puts up with the gun craze. She gets a little testy when a gun goes off in the garage without her being warned in advance, that only happened once and I put that shotgun up forever. Later Don

qurater
ursishoribilis

who are you?

Post by ursishoribilis »

Since I have already posted some questions, I guess I should introduce my self. I am almost to the golden age of 65. Been retired for 3 years from school administration. I told my kids that if I had known how good retirement is, I would have done it 30 years ago. I live in Baja Arkansas with my wife of 30 plus years. Have three children and five grandchildren. I have recently bought and taken delivery on my first mil-surp, the great P64. Have gotten good information from this board and expect to continue to do so. Have many interests including blacksmithing and bell making. Hello to all.
michaelap

who are you?

Post by michaelap »

Since I am 33 yrs old I should give it a try! I did have two and a half years at home as mister mom that would have been close if it wasn't so much work. Anyway nice to hear from you.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

who are you?

Post by carguy »

There are so many members (it seems) in Texas (I know it is a big state but it seems disproportional).

My company has a large facility in Irving that I am due for a meeting at sometime this year. I think a P-64 Forum meet and greet is in order!

Usually when I'm there I am at a large group meeting and don't have much access to a vehicle so are many (any) of you guys within driving distance to the Irving area? It might be fun to attempt to organize :o
warhorse

who are you?

Post by warhorse »

IM 75, RETIRED FROM AF 22 YEARS (1951-1973) SERVED IN KOREA AT KIMPO K14, SERVED IN VN 1966-67. MARRIED 50 YEARS, THREE CHILDREN, 6 GRANDCHILDREN. I STILL ENJOY SHOOTING.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome warhorse, I must've missed ya back in April!!