How many have a CHL?

Info, pictures, advice...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How many have a CHL?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Both Oregon and Washington State, all you had to do was read the papers or watch the news in the last seven days to understand why. A prudent man is always prepared to the best of his ability, my dad and the boy scouts taught me that.
G.R. :)
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How many have a CHL?

Post by anjdrifter »

Never leave home without one. My wife and I and also my son and I were talking the other day (before the lastest shooting) that when I was LEO I carried but that was part of the job... Now I really carry by choice ... Remember the days it was safe to go to school, church, or mall. I am not a hero and dont catrry so much for self protection but more for family and friends and yes the general public.. I guess it is the old good guy stuff.. I really find my self with my carry more then ever before... that is scary to me.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

How many have a CHL?

Post by carguy »

Once a cop always a cop, huh AL?
weetabix

How many have a CHL?

Post by weetabix »

I've read that the SmartCarry is very concealable.

Ozarker - If I understand MoRS 571.030.3 correctly, in MO you can carry concealed without a permit:
1. in your house and on your property,
2. in your car (including on your person in your car),
3. on premises over which you have "possession, authority, or control"

So, if you carry in your house, get into your car in your driveway, drive to work at a place where you're the manager, you can carry all day without a permit and still be legal.

Pretty nice. The only thing better would be if they got rid of all the concealed carry restrictions altogether.

Here's the link:
http://www.moga.state.mo.us/statutes/C5 ... 000030.HTM

I'll be getting my permit soon. Just need to get off my tookus. ;D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

How many have a CHL?

Post by papabear »

I got my CCW in 2003, I had lived in IL. prior to moving back to Ky so I couldn't get a CCW in IL. just for the GP's as you can in most states, and when I moved back to Ky I had to wait 6 months to apply. I carry a P-64 most of the time, however, I also carry a S&W m36 2" sometimes too. On a rare occasion I'll wear one of my Makarov's, which is what I use to carry all the time, even in IL., of course not legally, but I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried my 6.

In Ky you can carry open legally, or you can have a loaded rifle behind the seat or on a rack, or a loaded handgun in the glove box not locked.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How many have a CHL?

Post by nbender »

CPL (as it's called in Washington) since 2002.
Last edited by nbender on December 11th, 2007, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ourbigbluehouse

How many have a CHL?

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

Got mine in March of this year. Only have used it once. I own two pistols. Qualified with a Jennings 9mm that we fixed the feed problem with a stronger mag spring that reduced the capacity from 13 to 10. I bought the P64 at a gun show soon after getting my permit. It is my carry weapon with IWB holster. I also bought a belly band and a fanny pack. The latter is meant for for vacation travel. I know, I'll look like a tourist, but a well equipped one.
reprisejim

How many have a CHL?

Post by reprisejim »

I have my permit to carry. I have not (thank GOD) ever had to pull it. I got the permit because hope is a terrible insurance policy. With all the violence in the world, one should be prepared. Not only to protect yourself but the ones you love.
Last edited by reprisejim on December 18th, 2007, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
nimble1

How many have a CHL?

Post by nimble1 »

I have had my Fla. concealed permit since 1993, soon after it became a law. I carry most of the time but always have a gun in the car with me. Used to carry my Astra 75, then Beretta21 in 22 cal. Sold it at a gun show 2 years ago and immediately bought a P64 as a carry gun. The 64 is just the right size with a Ross IWB holster for carry.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many have a CHL?

Post by himmel »

Have I answered yet? Been awhile since I've been here, but I ain't dead and I haven't forgotten you guys... CHL for a couple of years--but my card ain't pretty, the dog got hold of it, and every time I get $25 for the replacement, I find something more needy to spend it on... LOL! And I pretty much always carry--if nothing else, a derringer in my pocket...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

How many have a CHL?

Post by papabear »

himmel,

Good to hear you are still kicking, how ya been, we missed you.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many have a CHL?

Post by himmel »

Hi Papa, doin' OK, glad to be back! Will be a bit spotier than in the past, but i figure to get back every so often--Missed you guys too!
arex

How many have a CHL?

Post by arex »

I don't have a CCP, but my wife does.
reprisejim

How many have a CHL?

Post by reprisejim »

Never leave home without one. My wife and I and also my son and I were talking the other day (before the lastest shooting) that when I was LEO I carried but that was part of the job... Now I really carry by choice ... Remember the days it was safe to go to school, church, or mall. I am not a hero and dont catrry so much for self protection but more for family and friends and yes the general public.. I guess it is the old good guy stuff.. I really find my self with my carry more then ever before... that is scary to me.
Al (if I may call you Al), too true. I almost believe that it is not so much choice as a neccessity. I remember being sick one day, I stayed home from work. When I turned on the TV, it was filled with news from Virginia Tech (a "gun-free" zone). From that momment on I paused before leaving the house to think about what could happen. How defenseless I was. I made my mind up to get my permit. I couldn't get a handgun fast enough nor get through the required training and submit for my permit fast enough. Even though terrible events are still occuring (more oftern now than ever) I now I can defend myself and those I love. Do I like to carry? No, I wish I did that not have to. Do I carry? Yup, every day; everywhere. I believe that every decent person should. Can you imagine?!?!?! Some jackass pulls a gun on some poor soul and a dozen law abiding citizens pull there guns on him!!!! It would make those dumb SOB's use whatever brains they have before committing a crime!!!

By the way, I carry my gun EVERYWHERE. There are only a select few places I do not. Are posted buildings and establishments on my list of select few places? NO!!!! They are the last places I go without!
Last edited by reprisejim on December 18th, 2007, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
michaelap

How many have a CHL?

Post by michaelap »

I carry my P-64 daily, everyonce and a while my xd .40 and I like the .32 kel tec for back up. Got my permit when we lived in Virginia and since Ohio accepts it that works fine for me, besides My good old Ohio (little sarcasm) is a little screwed up on the ccw issues especially in Cleveland where the mayor never had any time for the law. I use the uncle mikes iwb size 1 but am looking for another