who are you?

Info, pictures, advice...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by himmel »

52 year-old lawyer who just rejoined the forces of law and order--LOL! (I'm a prosecutor again) My son made some grips for some of the folks here, but he's retired from that biz at the moment...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Hay weetabix, I resemble that comment about the about the fly fisherman. LOL ;)
G.R.
bartoszsitarski

who are you?

Post by bartoszsitarski »

I am 26 and a District Operations Manager for a cell phone company. I pretty much make sure that everything is running smoothly in back of the house. I am engaged(married without the piece of paper) to a great girl, and am a father to two cats(they came as a package deal with the girl).
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
tooltown

who are you?

Post by tooltown »

I run a tool store and have been selling tools for 25 years. Married with a 16 yrd daughter. I have several buddies who own pawn shops and get first crack at what they have. 8 Maks 4 Toks 5 S&W 8 Rugers and 8 glocks and dozens of rifles and pistols. BUY MORE AMMO! That will be what dries up first!
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by nbender »

tooltown is my long tem bud. But he's hard to compete with as far as buying pitols - he's purchased every 9x18 pistol in the hood.

Welcome to this forum TT!
gotmak

who are you?

Post by gotmak »

I didn't see me, I thought I had posted. :-X I am happily married with (6) entertaining children. :D I am 47 and have been married 21 years to a wonderful lady that homeschool's our kids, as well as keeping the problems in our household to a minimum. She is the biggest part of me! I work as a welder for a Christian owned firm here in Indy, and keep the Robotic welder up and running for several others to run. We are clearing a spot for a Laser Welder in the shop as I speak. This is very new Technology as I understand, very cool. I look forward to learning it. I enjoy all my 9X18 pistols, and am now exclusively 9X18, and own (8). Love to shoot and tinker with them. I enjoy learning from you all, only been into hand guns for 3 years now.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by manicmechanic »

I'm a 50 year old mechanic for a local utility that feels like a 70 year old mechanic some days! lol!
Been married 22+ years to my beautiful wife. We have 3 great kids, oldest daughter is 19 and in college, U of M Dearborn, next daughter is 14 going on 30, and then my son who's 12.
Got caught with the handgun bug from a buddy at work. Bought my first pistol, XD-40 in Aug of 2005, since then it has been a steady diet of more European makes until my last purchase back in November, which was the Ruger 22/45 MKIII, first and only U. S. made one.
I'm sure more will be shared as we spend more time chatting and showing our favorites.
bobtx

who are you?

Post by bobtx »

I am new to the board. There is a wealth of information here. I have been a Makarov fan for a long time. I am a new PA-64 fan and will be ordering my first one right after the first of the year.

I am from San Antonio, Texas USA. To afford my hunting and shooting addiction, I work as a life & health insurance agent.

Bob
Last edited by bobtx on December 23rd, 2007, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

who are you?

Post by normsutton »

Bob

WELCOME
did my AIT at FT SAM

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by nbender »

Hello bobtx:

I spent 3 months in '06 in SA trying to help FEMA move the Katrina evacuees from motels to more permanent housing. Stayed in some great apartments out by Seaworld on 151. A half mile from Rudy's. Man that was good bbq!!

Welcome here.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

who are you?

Post by carguy »

Hello bobtx:

I spent 3 months in '06 in SA trying to help FEMA move the Katrina evacuees from motels to more permanent housing. Stayed in some great apartments out by Seaworld on 151. A half mile from Rudy's. Man that was good bbq!!

Welcome here.

The River Walk is the place to be especially on Cinqo De Mayo!!

What a time I had in San Antonio a few years back... ::)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

who are you?

Post by papabear »

bobtx,

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya with us. Lots of good info and suggestions here on the P-64 as well as other weapons. Hope to see you here often.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
roester

who are you?

Post by roester »

New poster...ex-navy - 50 years young - love to shoot. I'm fairly diversified, have a target .22 Ruger MKIII, a target .22 bull barrel long gun (tricked out :-)) a .270 Remm. and an AK - as well as my P-64. Looking forward to learning more about the P-64....Happy New Years !

Oh - P.S. - I work for the CDC in financial management in Atlanta.
Last edited by roester on December 29th, 2007, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by trent »

Welcome roester, One of my Cowerers also works for the CDC, I'll have to ask her what part she works in.

Where abouts do you live in GA (you don't have to be specific)
roester

who are you?

Post by roester »

I live in Atlanta (Chamblee actually) very near the intersection of the 285 bypass and I-85 North (that heads towards Lake Lanier).

I buzz down to I-20 East sometimes (not as often as I would like) and drive over past Covington to the Charlie Elliott nature area. They have a free outdoor range.

P.S. - I like the looks of that .45 Auto you have there in the pics. I had a 1911 model issued to me in the navy. Not very accurate but I could scare off a dinosaur with the noise :)

P.S.S. - quick story on the 1911. All of us aboard ship had to qualify with a .45 in order to stand watches. I was in charge of the cooks (Supply Officer) and had a Filipino Chief Petty Officer who basically ran everything. He was great (and a heckuva fisherman)...but he wasn't much of a shooter. I was about 175lbs back then and he was about 100lbs and the gun kind of overpowered him. He usually hit one and missed one. Anyway, they would set up the targets side by side on the fan tail (ass end of the ship) and we would have to put 7 out of 10 in the target to qualify. It was a piece of cake for me - like hitting a basketball from 20 feet. They always had two guys going at once so I made sure that me and Chief Arelano shot together. I would put my first seven in my target and then shoot his target with the last three. We always qualified. Luckily he never hit a "good day"...I don't know how we would have explained it if he hit 11 or 12 out of 10 shots.
Last edited by roester on December 29th, 2007, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.