who are you?

Info, pictures, advice...
torpeau

who are you?

Post by torpeau »

A native Floridian who quit my job at Sears in Chicago to return to sun and warmth 26 years ago. Two years ago I quit my job here because of my health -- was sick of working. ;-) Was interested in pistols (‘96 Mausers, etc.) in the ‘60s and got re-interested in them this year — mainly Maks & P-64s.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
oddshot

who are you?

Post by oddshot »

I'm 57, 54 years in New Jerky (hell), 3 years in NoGa (heaven).

US Army 70-76 E-5 (twice ::))

Auto mechanic for about 25 years, service manager of a Porsche Repair Center for a time, had my own shops for about 10 years. Raced MGB in E Production for a number of years up north. Still got a couple.

A couple of years as a Real Estate Appraiser, A couple of years as a Title Searcher, a couple of years as a researcher of legal records.

Went back in the service when the Twin Towers came down...a Naval Unit attached to the NJNG. CPO E-7. Got called to active supervising the refit of small boats at the Philly Navy Ship yard.

One wife, three dogs...bunch of guns. I collect mostly military bolt action rifles.

VERY LONG WINDED.

oddshot
Last edited by oddshot on December 7th, 2007, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

who are you?

Post by carguy »

I am 50 years old and live with my wife of 27 years, a 24 year old daughter, a 21 year old son, 2 miniature dachshunds, a Conure (parrot of some type...my son's) and a hedgehog (again my son's). Working on 19 years for the captive finance division of a large Japanese automobile manufacturer as a field manager (finance cars, personal loans/leases and commercial lending for inventory and facilities fo dealers).

Born in the Boston area, lived in Connecticut, Rochester, NY and moved back home to Boston in 1989...sticking around as long as possible...stupid gun laws or not...I do love it here.

I started with firearms around 1976...put them away in the early 80's when I started my career and got married, then picked them up again on my wife' proding..."shoot them or sell them"...kind of discussion this year. Love handguns but really having fun with long guns and now refinishing etc.

Someday I'll figure out what I want to be when I grow up, reading about some of the cool jobs our members have or had...I have lots to consider for the second half of my career!!
Last edited by carguy on December 8th, 2007, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jakub66

who are you?

Post by jakub66 »

Genuine Polak, born and raised in Warsaw (hence excuse spelling and gramar).
41, married, no kids (nieces and nephews aplenty), six dogs, two cats.
Work for Learjet fixing rich boys toys.
Life member of Confederate Air Force (excuse me, it's "Commemorative" now, f#@&ing P.C.)
Former crew chief/flight engineer on C-47 and Ju-52. Yes, one with big swastika on the tail.
Pretty strange being Polish, but two of my pilots got me beat - they are both Jewish!
As they used to say at the airshow circuit to people upset with historicly accurate markings, each time prop turns, thousand nazis turn in their grave.
Reside outside Fort Worth where I don't bother neighbors, and they don't bother me.
Collect all kinds of firearms, so many out there, so little money.
Polish stuff is priority (still looking for "F.B.WARSZAWA" Mauser), love old semi-auto rifles.
Carry my CZAK everywhere where it's legal.
weetabix - if you value your sanity, stay away from Mausers.
One can spent lifetime collecting K98's alone.
I know, oldest one I own is 1891 Modello Argentino, youngest 1942 Turk with several in between. I don't even collect them things, they just found their way to my home!
erich

who are you?

Post by erich »

I'm a 41-year-old appellate criminal defense lawyer. I managed a gun store for two years between college and law school, back in the late '80s. :)

Moved from Indiana to NM right after college to get away from the humidity. Almost 20 years ago!
commandercob

who are you?

Post by commandercob »

I'm a 25 year old graduate student studying archaeology in the great Southwest. My wife and I do lots of backpacking and oil field surveys near the border. We originally got our CCW permits just for hiking, but have learned that our own frontyards can be dangerous too! We have two Jack-Russell terriers that are terrors almost all the time.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

who are you?

Post by normsutton »

I'm 58 went to Miami Military Acc from 64 to 68 , Army reserve from 68 to 77, been a Dental Lab Tech since 69 (still doing it), hobby Gun Smithing since 68 been reloading since 72, born in Hollywood Fl. , 1950 move to Homestead Fl. lived there tell 95 when I moved to Lakeland Fl.

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by trent »

Jakub66
The CAF has a couple hangers at the airport where I live, when I was younger I used to wander through there and see what they are building, they have an awesome sbd dauntless they let me sit in once, I got to pull out the pivoting machine gun and spin it around and stuff, come to think of it I want to go see what they are up to now...
Last edited by trent on December 8th, 2007, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oddshot

who are you?

Post by oddshot »

I forgot all about them...

The CAF is in GEORGIA????

The escape from New Jerky just keeps getting better and better.

For 17 years...I dragged my wife through every airshow, museum and airport in the North East where I THOUGHT there might be old Military Planes...ESPECIALLY if I thought there MIGHT be an F4-U Corsair!

I DO LOVE them old blue planes!

Next stop...the CAF website!!!!!

Thanks!

oddshot
jboller4

who are you?

Post by jboller4 »

69 soon to be 70, retired from 23 years in Air Force and spent 7 years of that in Germany, 4 in France and 2 in Iran and of that time i spent 12 of those as Special Agent in OSI... then on to 19 years in Aerospace Industry as a Security Manager, retired from there at 60, and live in "Surprise" Arizona.......... computers, photography and travel are my main interests ...... and of course i have been involved with firearms since about 1946 when i first started hunting with my dad........ shooting them not working on them other than cleaning.....

jimb
protector

who are you?

Post by protector »

Im 46,a (cashier manager) for the largest food chain in the northeast,wife,son,daughter,grandson,and a cockapoo that has adopted me as her dad! ::)
Last edited by protector on December 10th, 2007, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by anjdrifter »

Just old retired Leo and a lot of other careers over the years... have interests in a couple of dot com things and also restaurants
basically just an old fart, who has been lucky in life..All my kids and grandchild turned out good just to spite me . have some great old and new friends.. have great wife what else could I want
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I'm a fifty-eight year old Denturist, part time Zymergist and Vintner, fly tier and fisherman, gun enthusiast, father of two, grand father of two and reputed by myself to be the worlds finest Margarita mixologist. :)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by trent »

part time Zymergist and Vintner, fly tier
:o ??? no matter how many times I read this part I still don't understand it... must be Oregon talk.
Last edited by trent on December 12th, 2007, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
weetabix

who are you?

Post by weetabix »

He's saying that he practices his arts in paradise. A zymurgist brews beer and a vintner makes wine.

A fly tier, presumably, stumbles around in cold water after fish who laugh at him (or maybe that's just been my experience ;D).