I'm a Bit Distressed About the Forum Tonight

Info, pictures, advice...
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Now, it's just me, I'm a sensitive guy ... but ...

We haven't heard from Bartos for some time. This officer in a Polish Paratroop company, who has communicated with this website since the beginning and has offered us amazing items for sale, has been deployed to Afghanistan.

He has tried to check in, but his access to the internet is limited.

He recently posted.

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1136552971

I've seen one reply asking him to sell something, and a couple of best wishes.

I'm distressed at the lack of response here.
Last edited by nbender on October 30th, 2007, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

Sorry NB. I have never had any conversation with Bartos. I have learned a lot from his posts though.

I do wish him safe travels and thanks for serving.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

I haven't been home all day except for a few short minutes, but I have noticed a drop in posts (over all) in the last week or so
Last edited by trent on October 30th, 2007, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

9x18, don't apologize to me! I've watched today as others here have logged onto the forum, have seen his recent post, and have not replied.

I am not the site Marschal. I'm just wondering whether the membership follows a different drummer than I do.
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by rlj102468 »

I'm just glad that some are willing to put all on the line to protect freedom, even if they have a different flag on shirt. It all helps and shows a great commitment to do the right thing. I will gladly fight on my soil and would have went elsewhere but for my health (tried to join). Thanks to all who have and are. Would be nice to see an outpouring of support for a fourm member IMHO. I know almost all here feel the same and just have not had the time to leave their thoughts for Bartos.
Bobby J.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

as soon as I realised where he was I added him specifically to my prayers along with the rest of all military men and women..
they have done and do still make the world safer
Last edited by anjdrifter on October 31st, 2007, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

nbender,

I just got back from a trip to Fl, and saw your post, thanks for the reminder about Bartos, you are correct in every way. I have done business with him on two different occasions and he is a fine fellow to business with, plus as we all know he is putting his butt on the line against Terrorism, which speaks volumes about him as far as I am concerned. Being a Vietnam vet I understand the the meaning of having your ass in the grass, only his is in the sand and rocks of a different land. We all owe him a debt of gratitude .

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
doyle

Post by doyle »

I've never had the pleasure of doing business with him but I sure do wish him well over there.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I agree with Nbender in that I have noticed a drop off in posting and activity in general on the forum.

Maybe it is just the changing season, business is good or not, family issues...we all have times that we can't get to the computer to play. I know I've had a tough time the past month I've been traveling alot on business.

I just hope Bartos is safe, healthy and just too busy to be able to check in with his friends on this side of the world.
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

edited
Last edited by michaelap on October 4th, 2010, 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

edited
Last edited by michaelap on October 4th, 2010, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Bartos kinda helps "Legitimize" our love for the P-64. Being From Poland ,He gives our gun a home face. His posts are a valuable addition to this site. I do hope he is safe and I would bet he is fine and Kicking Arse over there.
Hurry Back Bartos ~ America Misses You !~ lol

Anyone heard from Danicrow down in Texas Lately? I haven't seen him post in quite some time either.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I too have never done business with Bartos, but I enjoyed his post and great info. My heart and prayers go with him and all who commit themselves to the freedom of others. May God bless.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Guys, I couln't even log in for 2 days after posting this. It was too personal.

Papabear we share similar sentiments. I did 2 tours in Viet Nam. I have a special affinity for people putting their butts on the line.

I know the forum does not have a large following, and maybe I'll ask Bartos to post where he'll have more response, where people have more empathy for the danger a soldier goes through, and where he will have more response to his items for sale when he gets back to the world.

But as regards this forum - and it may be a while until I can check the response to this comment because it's personal and I don't much like doing that on a public forum - the forum moderators (owners) don't seem to bother with this site much. DickFunk logged on after Bartos posted and went his way without comment. I don't see Abwher post much. Even after I posted this complaint, neither of the forum owners posted to this or to Bartos's thread.

If I started a forum I'm guessing I'd check in with the comments a bit more. I do moderate a site, only because I said I would devote the time.

We drift along with a great group of folks and I appreciate the attitude here and I've made friends here that I treasure. I hope this post doesn't ruffle huge feathers. I'll be back in a while.
Last edited by nbender on November 1st, 2007, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

no feathers ruffled, and you need not apologize for doing the right thing