Range with new P64

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Range with new P64

Post by abwehr »

I agree with you guys; Not Effective! But it does look cool to all the "gangstas", LOL
nscale

Range with new P64

Post by nscale »

I'm not being a dick or anything but why are you guys having such a hard time with this pistol? I have shot 100 rounds out of it (I admit only 50 at a time) and haven't gotten bit, sore, slapped, pinched or otherwise hurt.

I just don't get what you guys are doing that you need gloves and such.
Mongo, Are you sure your pistol is a P-64 LOL :D
tunnelrat

Range with new P64

Post by tunnelrat »

I'm not being a dick or anything but why are you guys having such a hard time with this pistol? I have shot 100 rounds out of it (I admit only 50 at a time) and haven't gotten bit, sore, slapped, pinched or otherwise hurt.

I just don't get what you guys are doing that you need gloves and such.
You raise an interesting point: Why are some of us having a hard time with this pistol? I regularly shoot .40S&W from a teeny Glock 27, or .45acp from an Officers-size 1911. When I get my revolvers out, I prefer .44's, though I can spend an afternoon with my .357 magnum Ruger Birdshead Vaquero and call it a good day. Yet somehow I find that the P-64 beats my hands up a bit, and frankly I am not sure why.

One time I held a bit too high and it took a chunk out of the web of my thumb, but that has not been my usual complaint. Nor do I get a lot of impact on the heel of my hand from the rear of the frame -- there really isn't much recoil. Rather I find the trigger guard, for whatever reason, likes to bang into the fingers of both hands.

Call me a weeny if you like, but I finally got out a pair of shooting gloves that I used to use with my .44 magnum Super Blackhawk. It might seem to be a bit of overkill, but my last shooting session with this little Polish beauty was much more comfortable.