New Rifle Buy

Use this section for all other firearms
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Rifle Buy

Post by abwehr »

I have been busy buying a few more rifles and wanted to show them off. The first one is a Yugo 24/47 I got last week at a local gun shop. They let me go thru all the Yugos they just got in and I picked this one. The stock is really nice with a warm brownish red color that looks much better than the photos. This one is all matching, the receiver was originally made by FN as some stamping were not completely removed. This is the only one they received that was all matching. Here are some photos:

The next rifle is a K98k Mauser, Waffenwerke Brunn, a "dot 1944", all matching except the handguard which was restamped to match the rifle. The bore show wear, but still very shootable. This was defeinetly a combat used rifles! I also got the bayonet and cleaning kit with it too. The good part of this was the deal I made....got the whole outfit for $510!

normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New Rifle Buy

Post by normsutton »

abwehr

nice score

doesn't like you'll have to much to clean up on those rifles form pix or do you

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
volfandan

New Rifle Buy

Post by volfandan »

Those are beautiful!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Rifle Buy

Post by trent »

very nice!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

New Rifle Buy

Post by papabear »

abwehr,

Very nice pick ups, especially the dot 1944, I'm partial to the 1944's on anything, its the year I was born. Thanks for sharing.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New Rifle Buy

Post by anjdrifter »

Papabear funny you should mention that.. I have decided that next milsurp I will pursue will be 44 for same reason.. I like stuff older then dirt like us. :P
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

New Rifle Buy

Post by papabear »

anjdrifter,

It is kinda nice to have guns that are your age or older and are still working as I am, but when I finally retire for good, they will be working for me......... ::)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Rifle Buy

Post by garry »

Those Pictures are Really Cool ! Those are very nice Looking Rifles. Do you plan on adding any of the "other" countries Mausers? as in: argentine, turkish,....? I know you have the best of the best there, but the Argentine quality is pretty reknown. Just Wondering, G
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Rifle Buy

Post by abwehr »

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments on the rifles! I never really was intending to buy the M24/47, but it was so nice, I had to take it. This one should make a nice shooter with the mint bore. I honestly don't think it has been issued since it was reconditioned.

For rifles, I think the K98k is the "sexiest" looking bolt action there is. My normal collecting is in WWII German weapons and this is pretty much where I will stay. When I found out about the matching "dot 1944" I had to get at the price of $510 for the rifle and accessories. Once in a while I do find a decent buy, LOL.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Rifle Buy

Post by trent »

have you looked at any Czech vz24's? My brother bought one a while back, it was surplus but looked brand new (either an arsenal refurb or a lucky draw) but it's a pretty sweet rifle.

my brother and I had a bit of a shooting competition between it and my 91/30 and they seemed to be about equally accurate, but then we were shooting at only 75 feet (it was an indoor range)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Rifle Buy

Post by abwehr »

Trent,

Yes, I do have a Czech VZ-24 I have had for about 9 years. I bought it from a friend of mine who bought about 5 at one time. The one I picked out is fully Czech marked and according to the S/N was a contract rifle to Romania in 1939. Since Romania was on the side of Germany, I surmissed it was probably used on the Russian Front and eventually catured by the Russians since it is lightly import marked. The mechanical condition is very good, but the finish has wear and the stock has small dings. I have never fired this rifle, but I do like it.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

New Rifle Buy

Post by garry »

Abwehr~~ I have no self-restraint when it comes to shooting any gun that is shootable . The Mauser is a Very Sexy gun as for that statement , I fully agree. Every Mauser rifle that I have seen is a work of craftsmanship that stands out no matter what condition they are in. They really have that "Quality" look to them even when covered in years of blood and mud. I would say that the Mauser is the all time champion of It's day.
When I was a young kid and bought that argentine Mauser for $60, I had no idea about them and bought it for the NAME "Mauser". I had heard of the Mauser but didn't even know what they looked like. It was the last day of the "Big" gunshow in Kansas City. I was trying to hurry and see every thing before they closed up. and I saw an old log laying on the table, I asked the guy what it was ,He said an Argentine Mauser, I heard "Mauser", I asked "how much?"(expecting to hear some high ,unobtainable price since it was a "REAL LIVE WAR RELIC" ( I was young)) he said "How much ya got?" ,I said "$60" he said "OK", I left with it and left happy as heck! That started my Mauser Love and also taught me that Argentina has some real fine craftsmen. I want the German stuff also tho, as It is my Family heritage. I really admire the nice collections you guys have built up ! Thanks for sharing all the great PICTURES ! G Mauser = Rifle Love lol