Been out for a bit...photos added

Info, pictures, advice...
brigade

Post by brigade »

Checking back in after a short time out. Life can be crazy sometimes. Anyway I see some new logins also. See you in the forums.
-Troy
Last edited by brigade on October 12th, 2007, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

Welcome back Troy! Life can definitely be crazy and I hope that you and yours are well.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Troy

GLADE TO SEE YOU BACK

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Hey Troy, good to see you back, missed you.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I was getting worried!
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Glad you are doing OK. How is the town now this many months after the flood? I haven't been over there in awhile. I hope it is back in business and all of your neighbors are doing ok.
I was wondering about where you do that leatherworking and If you ever have visitors to the shop? I am interested in watching you work some of that leather and would like to come watch sometime ,if you are in a shop? I have a couple ideas and questions that i hope you could answer/or show me ,and talk for a bit if possible? Anyways it is good to see you back. Garry
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

Troy has been very busy. I traded a pm with him the morning that the other board changed over.

Welcome back Troy....... Keep in touch...

P.S. I will have to take some pics of the Duracoated P-64 after almost daily carry it still looks great!!!!!!
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

Troy,

I sent you several emails. WELCOME BACK....I was gone for many weeks as well. Just got married, changed careers and locations, new house.....yes busy!!!

When things slow down, give me a shout.

Thomas
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Troy,

I sent you several emails. WELCOME BACK....I was gone for many weeks as well. Just got married, changed careers and locations, new house.....yes busy!!!

When things slow down, give me a shout.

Thomas
tmann: As they say misery loves company so welcome to the marrage club...I mean hey that's great, congratulations on many fronts...new wife, new home, new career, new location...wow...good luck with each. :-* :-* :-* One big move!
brigade

Post by brigade »

Garry.... I run my buisness/shop with 3 other guys. We are honestly too busy to entertain guests... Although I am sure you would be a great one. However, after we have done that in the past it got to be too difficult to get work done. Anyway call me toll free if you like to ask any questions. 888-600-2377 9am-5.
Buisness has exploded and I am working 16hr days mon-mon. I also raise my 3yo twin boys while I work or attempt to work. I am also going to work on a side project that I will do for a limited time to break the monotany. That would be the camo grips that I posted about. I will have photos soon. Not trying to make money doing it just something to help the guys here with. I have kinda gotten bored of doing refinishing on hanguns. I have done many of them now and desire to do something more simple. That is not to say I won't be doing any more pistols in the future. I'm kinda weird that way... when I feel I have perfected something I move on, I don't know why that is. Anyway I will have a Christmass surprise for some lucky person on this board.
-Troy

Glad you are doing OK. How is the town now this many months after the flood? I haven't been over there in awhile. I hope it is back in business and all of your neighbors are doing ok.
I was wondering about where you do that leatherworking and If you ever have visitors to the shop? I am interested in watching you work some of that leather and would like to come watch sometime ,if you are in a shop? I have a couple ideas and questions that i hope you could answer/or show me ,and talk for a bit if possible? Anyways it is good to see you back. Garry
Last edited by brigade on October 11th, 2007, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Troy~ Cool, Make sure and slow down to smell the roses ! I am the same way about learning something then moving on. I have so many "hobbies" that I have had to quit some to do others. lol
When you find something that you really enjoy and it gives you peace in your work~ it is no longer "work". I remember when I could still juggle all that stuff, I'm older now and I have to use more deliberate steps now or I won't finish anything . BTW... Very kewl that you were a Sniper ! Keep up the "Good Fight" and God Bless, G
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I know from photos that you have posted previously that I don't have to say this but everyone and I mean everyone from time to time needs to be reminded of it because it is too easy to get caught up in exactly what you mentioned...4 guys lots of work, enough with some things, starting new things and raising a family in the middle of it.

Slow down once in a while to take in exactly why you are doing all this "stuff"...twin boys. They are the reason for your entire being and they grow way too fast. Enjoy them and let them enjoy you. Everything else will take care of itself overtime but they are only 3 once and it is gone in a flash.

I say this in a caring way and please do not take this as any sort of criticism, I have no way to judge you nor would I. I know from raising my 2 children (now 20 and 24) that 15 minutes ago they were 1 and 5...what happened!! :'(

They grow way too fast and will never be that age (what ever age it may be) again. And I don't mean to only enjoy them while they are young, set the bar high now and you will always have them to enjoy no matter what age. That is how they'll turn out to be good, honest, loving and caring young men as I believe their father already is. 8-)

Keep up the good work and just call me Dr. Carguy... ::)

(Dr. Phil aint got nothin on me...said with my best Texas accent!)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

good to have you back Troy
brigade

Post by brigade »

Carguy... you are exactly right... I have lost a good friendship with someone cause I told them one of them should stay at home to raise the kids.... cause you/they miss out so much when they are in day care. I let the guys do alot of work during the day while I raise the boys literally in the shop and outside for more fun. They have a huge seperate play room and of course tv and movies. We eat our lunch outside and play then "go back to work". That is why most of my posts here on this forum are at 1:30am after I get done working and getting stuff ready for tomorrow for the guys to do alot of the less artisan part of holster making so I can spend most of my time with my 2 good boys during the day and field calls and work when they nap and watch movies. They have full run of the shop and we have to YIELD to them racing their big wheels in the shop. I do most of my work when they sleep. Here are some photos for you guys since most of you guys here are kinda like family. I live everyday with them as though it is my last. You learn that when you have kids after 30yo. I think alot of younger parents realize that too late unfortunately. I actually like Dr. Laura over Dr. Phil. She is pro military and pro men.
Night all.
-Troy

manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Keep up the Great job your doing with the family. Your other job will always be there and you'll do just fine!!