Where is everyone from?

Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Where is everyone from?

Post by normsutton »

Born in HOLLYWOOD FL moved HOMESTEAD FL. in 1950 moved to LAKELAND FL. in 1995 been there ever since ,I did go to high school in or at MIAMI MILITARY (MMA) 64-68 spent 9 years in ARMY reserves

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
reprisejim

Where is everyone from?

Post by reprisejim »

nbender, Little Falls, yahhh sure. I know where dat is. I goes up der to hunt dem deer yah know. Dat Camp Ripley, lots of deer der. Good folks from around der, yup. Da guy I buy wood from lives up der. Nice fella.

Ok, now I'll dumb down the conversation for the rest of you...

translation:
nbender, Little Falls, yes. I know where that is. I go there to hunt deer. There are a lot of deer at Camp Ripley. I have met a lot of nice people from around there. I buy firewood from a man named Chuck Reiser who lives there. He offered to show me some new hunting ground. What a guy!
doyle

Where is everyone from?

Post by doyle »

I'm originally from SW Georgia and have lived in Florida since the mid 80's. I'm now in Bradenton (bottom of Tampa bay). 11 years and 3 months until I can theoretically retire and move back to Georgia where the people and prices are more normal.

primarchbentley - I spent 4 years behind the Zion curtain. I know what you mean when you say you miss the trees. When we left there in April '84, my wife and I were singing our own version of a country song "Happiness is Provo, Utah in my rear view mirror".
weetabix

Where is everyone from?

Post by weetabix »

Garry - I'm from Springfield, so a bit east of 71/44. I almost never get up that way. Do you get down this way?

reprisejim - I have a friend in Minnesota - he gives me the impression that guns give most Minnesotans the willies. ;D
torpeau

Where is everyone from?

Post by torpeau »

There are a lot of Floridians here.....but they must not be Gator fans. Gator fans are so obnoxious that they will gloat in a heartbeat.
I went to UF just as Spurrier was getting started. My mother went to Flastecowo (?) that became FSU. I was born in Orlando and have lived in FL most of my life.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
fritzhund

Where is everyone from?

Post by fritzhund »

Harleysville, PA. Halfway between Philly and Allentown. Thanks for all of the info provided on this site. I am going to buy my second P-64 very soon!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Where is everyone from?

Post by abwehr »

I am from Greenville, SC.....close to the mountains and a 4 hour drive to the beach. not a bad area. Also, there are 2 SC Dept. Natural resouces shooting ranges with in 30 min drive. One is 200 yds and the other is 100 yds. Great place.
Last edited by abwehr on October 5th, 2007, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where is everyone from?

Post by dfunk »

anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Where is everyone from?

Post by anjdrifter »

wow that is super neat
tmann11

Where is everyone from?

Post by tmann11 »

I was born and raised in Central Virginia, went to North Carolina for college in mid-80's, then moved to Florida and spent four years near the Atlantic in a small and quite town located on a barrier island. The name of the town is Indialantic and is just south of Cocoa Beach and north of Sebastian Inlet. I left there in 2004, wich was the year we had four hurricanes hit....Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne. I didn't leave for the last one Jeanne and spent many hours of 120+ winds, very scary and too much for me. I left there in January 2005 and came back to Virginia and relocated to Virginia Beach and am now safe from hurricanes and am near the ocean.......but have to deal with cold winters!!!!!

Good to know "Who's from Where".
donnerwetter58

Where is everyone from?

Post by donnerwetter58 »

Another Buckeye here.
Northwest suburbs of the Cincinnati area.
I was born here, spent 15 years in Southern California, and then had a lapse of sanity and came back to Cincinnati. Too many gunpowder fumes I guess. I really miss those California girls though.
reprisejim

Where is everyone from?

Post by reprisejim »

Garry - I'm from Springfield, so a bit east of 71/44. I almost never get up that way. Do you get down this way?

reprisejim - I have a friend in Minnesota - he gives me the impression that guns give most Minnesotans the willies. ;D
I believe that true. I also believe in deep concealment for that reason!!! I do not advertise that I carry... When it comes to hunting however, no problem!!! Really, as far as I can see, handguns are the only firearm that gives people the shakes around here. I will bet that 9 out of 10 homes here contain a long gun. Most of the time however, the only time they are taken out is during deer season. The rest of the time they are buried in a closet.
Last edited by reprisejim on October 5th, 2007, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mecenas

Where is everyone from?

Post by mecenas »

Born, raised, educated and spent 1/2 of my life in Krakow, Poland - the other half of life and educaton- San Francisco, CA
tomline

Where is everyone from?

Post by tomline »

I'm in S.W. Ohio twix Dayton (Birthplace of Aviation) and Cincinnati (Birthplace of Chili Spaghetti). It's looking like the Ohio guys are well armed!!!

Anybody got a P64 for sale in S.W. Ohio. Can't find any at the usual C&R type of dealers. (yes I know, not C&R).

b.t.w. Found a trapdoor springfield in my garage. It was there since 1949. It shoots a small cannon ball like 3 miles.
donnerwetter58

Where is everyone from?

Post by donnerwetter58 »

tomline,
You live in a real bad area up there. Way too close to AIM and SOG.
I usually see a P-64 or two at the Bill Goodman shows in Dayton.
The next Dayton show is Oct. 20-21. Sharonville is Oct. 13-14.
I'll let you try out a P-64 if you bring the trapdoor along. My dad had a trapdoor when I was a kid. It was a 45-70 and we loved to shoot it. It was as long as we were tall. I'm a little taller now but it would still be fun.